Poll: Chick-fil-a owner admits to anti-gay views

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Yes I can. It's called logic.
If you don't want gay people getting married, you have a problem with gay people.
If you have a problem with gay people, you're a homophobe.
Terrible logic. So just because I don't want pedophiles marrying minors (which is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to it) it means I have a problem with people who can't change who they are?

Besides, not wanting same-sex marriage does not mean having a problem with gay people and having a problem with gay people is not homophobia. Bigotry? Perhaps. Homophobia? No. Phobia is irrational fear. Homophobia is the de-humanization that comes with that fear.

Like I said, people are entitled to their opinions. You have a "You're either with us, or with them" false dichotomy printed on your opinions.

I am for equal rights. But no matter how much I try I can't give an actual fuck about marriage and marriage should not give people any more rights.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Glass Joe the Champ said:
For two, considering all the laughing people did over the "Gay Oreo controversy", it'd be pretty hypocritical to turn around and be mad about this.
How would it be hypocritical to think one opinion is good and another is not? That's a really thoughtless thing to suggest.
It's hypocritical of someone to think that certain things are okay because you agree with them.

ben-

Jan 17, 2012
Dont go if you dont want too. People are now educated so they can make their own choice.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
ElPatron said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Yes I can. It's called logic.
If you don't want gay people getting married, you have a problem with gay people.
If you have a problem with gay people, you're a homophobe.
Terrible logic. So just because I don't want pedophiles marrying minors (which is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to it) it means I have a problem with people who can't change who they are?

I always hate it when people pull the animals or children cards in the marriage arguments...they both lack one very important detail...CONSENT, we don't allow children to marry for the same reason we don't allow them to drink, vote, enter into contracts etc., because they are not yet mature enough to make those types of informed decisions about their lives yet. What consenting adults do in the privacy of their own relationships is between them and I don't think anyone has the right to butt their noses into trying to prevent them having the same rights my wife and I enjoy.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
ElPatron said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Glass Joe the Champ said:
For two, considering all the laughing people did over the "Gay Oreo controversy", it'd be pretty hypocritical to turn around and be mad about this.
How would it be hypocritical to think one opinion is good and another is not? That's a really thoughtless thing to suggest.
It's hypocritical of someone to think that certain things are okay because you agree with them.
And it's disingenuous to suggest that people are okay with certain things just because they agree with them and for no other reason without good evidence.
It is, except you did not mention them in this question:

"How would it be hypocritical to think one opinion is good and another is not?"

While what you just mentioned is valid on it's own merit, it's a red-herring when introduced to a fairly straightforward question.

Yes, people are free to do what they want but anyone who thinks that the Chick-fill-a boycott has more right to exist than the Oreo boycott is just a hypocrite. "Free country" anyone?

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Where's the Chick-fil-A is delicious, and I could give a fuck option?

Their spicy chicken sandwich isn't getting any less tasty because the owner is a bigot.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Dragonclaw said:
I always hate it when people pull the animals or children cards in the marriage arguments...they both lack one very important detail...CONSENT, we don't allow children to marry for the same reason we don't allow them to drink, vote, enter into contracts etc., because they are not yet mature enough to make those types of informed decisions about their lives yet. What consenting adults do in the privacy of their own relationships is between them and I don't think anyone has the right to butt their noses into trying to prevent them having the same rights my wife and I enjoy.
What you are referring to is the "slippery slope". If we open door to X then Y will come after, etc.

It's exactly... not the same thing I mentioned. I understand why you introduced a lot of variables but they are useless to my point.

What I mean is: people are not forced to have the same opinions.

So, I might not agree with something. Does that mean I have to hate people who do that?

I bet that the Chick-fill-a is against sex outside marriage too (or at least he pretends to be). Does it mean anything besides "he has an opinion"?

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
More like context seems escape you.
There was one? Then next time introduce it before you ask the question or you're forcing me to jump the gun.

Mortai Gravesend said:
Yes, people are free to do what they want but anyone who thinks that the Chick-fill-a boycott has more right to exist than the Oreo boycott is just a hypocrite. "Free country" anyone?
they were judging whether people should.
Saying "they can, but they should not"? Sounds like a personal opinion to me, and judging whether you should or shouldn't do something that is perfectly legal is still trampling on their freedoms.

Aug 25, 2009
omicron1 said:
Conservative stands up for conservative views, news at 11.
Honestly, has it really come to this? Forcing public acceptance or agreement to one side of an unresolved argument by boycotting anyone who disagrees?

It is not wrong to hold anti-homosexuality views, gentlemen. Nor is it wrong to express them. What, exactly, is the problem here?
Cool.

I hate fags. They're sub-humans who should be euthanised the moment they first come out.

Man, I'm glad that it's not wrong to express anti-homosexual views. Kind of like how when I express my anti-black views about how stupid niggers are because they live in backwater countries no one bats an eyelid. Or like my anti-woman views about how all they're good for is cooking, cleaning and breeding, and they should stop wanting to vote or talk or leave the house without a man present. Or my anti videogamer views about how they're all psychopathic man-children one bad level away from buying a gun and shooting up the local school.

Or maybe it is wrong to hold anti-homosexuality views. Maybe it's better to understand that we are all people, all to be respected and treated equally, regardless of sexual orientation or gender or race or religion. Maybe it's better that if someone holds such views, they shut their fucking mouth because they don't have a leg to stand on in any sensible argument.

'Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law' - Romans 13:8

'You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these' - Mark 12:31

'And do not judge and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned' - Luke 6:37

Sounds like this Christian might want to read his Bible a little better.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I thought this was old news? Like, REALLY old news from back when I was in middle school. I absolutely adore their chicken nuggets but they have outrageous prices so I don't go there anymore. Even still, if I had the cash I'd probably still eat there.

ProfBathrobe

Nov 18, 2009
Personally I still don't understand why everyone's first reaction upon seeing the rainbow oreo was to get up in arms. Hello? SEPTUPLE-STUF OREOS. Screw the debates I want a goddamn giant cookie!

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
The guy can believe what he wants to believe, so long as the company as a whole does not discriminate against gays and/or forces his beliefs on employees. Of course, I disagree with his stance and find it ignorant, but I'm not one to tell him what to believe. Don't eat a Chick-fil-a anyway. None in my area.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
where as there is A VERY LOGICAL REASON to keep pedophiles from marrying kids.

Then maybe you should spend your time deriding marriage itself instead of defending bigots who use their God to justify persecuting others.
Which is? Oh, right, cultural reasons. Someone not able to consent in your country might be able in other. I am not equating pedophilia to homosexuality, I am just saying that people are not forced to agree with other people, and that does not mean hatred for who they are.

I am not defending bigotry. I am defending people's rights to be bigots if they want, and be free to say that they are.

MelasZepheos said:
Cool.

I hate fags. They're sub-humans who should be euthanised the moment they first come out.

Man, I'm glad that it's not wrong to express anti-homosexual views. Kind of like how when I express my anti-black views about how stupid niggers are because they live in backwater countries no one bats an eyelid. Or like my anti-woman views about how all they're good for is cooking, cleaning and breeding, and they should stop wanting to vote or talk or leave the house without a man present. Or my anti videogamer views about how they're all psychopathic man-children one bad level away from buying a gun and shooting up the local school.
If it actually comes to that point, I will gladly fight for your freedom to say those things. Hopefully we will never get there, but still.

If you're arrested after murder that it's not my problem, but your right to say stupid shit is the same right I have to speak against the government.

With the first link, the chain is forged.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
So what if it's a personal opinion?

And no, it isn't trampling on their freedoms. If you disagree, do tell which one. The one to not have people disapprove of you?
Whelp. All I know is that you're free to protest for your hypocrisy. Saying "can't" and "shouldn't" have exactly the same value - nada. Anything that is legal can be done.

So when you're telling me I shouldn't do X and you have no legal right to prevent me from doing something legal... you're fighting against my freedom. And that is against my freedom.

Sorry, I sound drunk when I'm sober.