Poll: Chick-fil-a owner admits to anti-gay views

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
You don't seem to try to think this out thoroughly. Changing people's minds is not the same as changing people's minds about your ability to choose.
I'm talking about adults here. People who are supposed to have a judgment of their own.

Saying "this is wrong. It's perfectly legal but you shouldn't do it because reasons" to an adult (and not a child) kind of reminds me of religion. Something I am not very fond of.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Judgment that people are free to criticize. Them being adults doesn't suddenly mean their judgment is good or that we as individuals should treat it as such.
Freedom to criticize and discuss things is not the same thing as trying to portrait what you agree as the "right path" and call out on similar things just because you don't agree with them.

Plus, doesn't matter if someone's judgement is good or not. Ever heard about "voting"? People do it, despite the qualities of their judgement. They just have rights that should not be infringed.

Mortai Gravesend said:
Lol? That's not particularly close to religion.
Not letting you do things that are perfectly ethical and legal because of stupid reasons? Sounds like a couple of organized religions I know in a nutshell.

Mortai Gravesend said:
Also quite irrelevant whether it's an adult or child.
Yes it is relevant. Children are supposed to be educated by parents and the school system if it exists. Adults earned their freedom and will chose what to believe in.

Attention, I am talking about education and not indoctrination.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Ever heard of "Stop saying irrelevant shit"? It applies to you. I never said anything about taking away their right to vote.
Ever heard of "analogy"? It's what I applied there. I never said you were trying to stop people from voting.

Also, Ad Hominem just like that? Stop the ride, I'm out.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
I don't know if this image has been posted already but...

"JUST SHUT UP AND GIVE ME MY DAMN CHICKEN!"

EDIT: Holy crap, people are actually less concerned about why a fast chain is expressing it's views?

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
I asked a question and you answered it. I fail to see how there was ever a hot potato to begin with.
There was. You tried to corner me with a question. Rape and pedophilia are two different beasts and sometimes you can't talk about one without mentioning the other... But my point is that I can't try to compare them without digging myself into the mud.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
EXACTLY a year old now. This news has been beaten into the ground and forgotten, and someone had to resurrect this to say they're homophobic.

Go away guys, the problem hardly exists anymore.