Poll: Choose a Chaos God to Worship

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Anyone who has played Warhammer Fantasy Battle or Warhammer: 40,000 knows about the 4 gods of chaos. Now suppose you were swayed into joining up with the legions of chaos, which god would you choose and in what setting, WHFB or 40K? Most importantly why. Also don't be an indecisive prick and worship chaos undivided. Also, just for the hell of it, your a space marine, so your not completely fucked when you join up with Chaos.

For those of you not in the know, the Chaos gods are 4 evil entities that inhabit the Warhammer universe. They feed off of negative or powerful emotions and are always attempting to cause strife that would bring out such emotions. They also accept followers and may bestow their "blessings" upon those who serve them well. I would suggest doing a Google search on the gods, but if you just want the abridged version I will happily oblige.

Khorne

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! is the battle-cry of Khorne Berzerker's everywhere. Khrone is the Chaos god of rage and slaughter. His followers value martial strength, fighting prowess, and brutality. He is the most powerful god in the setting due to the amount of bloodshed in the universe. He will allow you to become powerful, but will not tolerate weakness.

His followers look as such...

Tzeentch

The god of plots and change. He is constantly manipulating events in the Warhammer universe and is the second most powerful god because of the events he sets in motion. His gifts are mutations and the ability to glimpse into the future. But be warned, the second his plans no longer include you he takes away your gift of foresight and you are assassinated by a more ambitious and favoured follower.

His follows tend to appear as...

Nurgle

Nurgle, or Papa Nurgle to his followers, is the Chaos god of death, decay, and disease. His blessings are all of the horrid plagues he cooks up and not being effected by them, this also makes them extremely hard to kill. He wishes to spread his gifts to the rest of the universe, he also cares more about his followers than the other Chaos gods. He is the third most powerful Chaos god.

His followers tend to look like this...

Slaanesh

The Chaos god of excess. While excess means too much of anything, Slaanesh is associated with more carnal and base variants of excess. His/her followers strive to obtain more sex, drugs, music, and other sensations incite a reaction from their dulled senses. They also happen to keep lots of slaves, know how to distil people into potent drugs, and have weaponized sound. Slaanesh is also the youngest and weakest of the gods.

Slaanesh Worshipers look somewhat like this, since I couldn't get a good picture I decided to use Doom Rider, who as far as Slaanesh followers go is in a league of his own...

This is also not a contest between which god is better, just which one appeals to you the most.

I would personally worship Nurgle. Sure I'll look worse than a pile of shit left out in the son too long, but at least Papa Nurgle loves me. I also am not fond of having my senses dulled to the point where burning myself alive to experience a new sensation seems like a good idea, nor do I like knowing I will be betrayed at some point, and I don't think I'm blood thirsty enough to serve Khorne. Besides, being durable enough to take a clip of bolter rounds is pretty sweet.

How about you fellow heretics?

EDIT: If I got a description wrong please notify me and I'll change it.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
I have always had a love of the two 'lesser' Chaos Gods - Nurgle and Slaanesh. They just feel like they have more character than "Master of War" and "Master of Conspiracy & Magic". I guess I like my deviants!

On that note, your Slaanesh picture makes me want to cry, so here's my contribution. Yes, my vote went to endless depravity and lust. Sooo much better than war.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Indecipherable said:
I have always had a love of the two 'lesser' Chaos Gods - Nurgle and Slaanesh. They just feel like they have more character than "Master of War" and "Master of Conspiracy & Magic". I guess I like my deviants!

On that note, your Slaanesh picture makes me want to cry, so here's my own. Yes, my vote went to endless depravity and lust. Sooo much better than war.

It's actually fitting/funny then that Khorne hates Slaanesh and you chose cocaine and whores over endless and pointless war.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
If I'm a Renegade Space Marine, I'd actually choose Undivided, since they seem to get the best deal out of it. Unlike their devoted brethren, Undivided Legions and Chapters don't tend to get ripped apart into countless warbands whenever Kharn has a bad day.

The Word Bearers are damn well organized and while the Black Legion is led by an incompetent fuckwit, they have well over 50000 members, including the likes of Araghast the Pillager and Eliphas the Inheritor.

Have one of those two overthrow Abaddon the Despoiler and the Imperium will have an actual challenge.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
If I'm a Renegade Space Marine, I'd actually choose Undivided, since they seem to get the best deal out of it. Unlike their devoted brethren, Undivided Legions and Chapters don't tend to get ripped apart into countless warbands whenever Kharn has a bad day.

The Word Bearers are damn well organized and while the Black Legion is led by an incompetent fuckwit, they have well over 50000 members, including the likes of Araghast the Pillager and Eliphas the Inheritor.

Have one of those two overthrow Abaddon the Despoiler and the Imperium will have an actual challenge.
I said in the OP that you couldn't choose chaos undivided.

Also there's a joke going around that Abaddon lost his arms to Eldrad and is now nick-named Failbaddon the Armless.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Tzeentch. He's by far the most badass. I don't know much about 40k, but didn't he once have this awesome staff and all the other gods had to team up to take him down?

EDIT: Actually no. Nurgle. He's the only one where I won't 100% for certain be killed off. You said I don't actually get affected by the disease? But with khorne he'd probably kill me for lols, tzeentch would kill me because I was finished and slaanesh would make me do something that would kill me for fun.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Your descriptions are OK, but your pictures are all wrong.

For your examples, you should really use pictures of Chaos Cultist's rather than Astartes, since they're a lot more relatable.

Lets face it, nobody answering this poll is ever going to be a Space Marine, let alone become a Chaos Marine, but if the Chaos Gods existed then the most any of us could hope for would be to worship them as a Cultist (and perhaps ascend to lesser Daemonhood).

That Plague Marine doesn't look too badly afflicted, at least not compared to what Nurgle's Rot would do to a mere Human body.

That Thousand Son isn't really a great example of a Tzeetch follower, since they were rocking the Gyptian-Marine look long before the Heresy.

Also, that Doom Marine has an all too apparent lack of extra breast, claws, hooves and orifices to really convey what Slaanesh could do to a Human worshipper.

As such, I'm going to refrain from choosing until I see a clear picture of what could happen to me when I follow a Chaos God and become a Cultist.

The Forces of Chaos

Mar 25, 2010
Tzeentch. And of course just as planned. Although Abaddon black crusades were never really anything more than completing the Despoilers objectives.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Tzeentch. Being a Chaos Sorcerer is my dream. I'd Doombolt everyone in my path.
Then again being a Noise Marine might be awesome as well... I'll stick with Sorcerer.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
You're all filthy traitor scum! You will all burn in the Emperor's light!

That said, I've always liked the more ornate Thousand Sons Marines.....

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
None of them. You know why? Because none of them are truly chaotic. They all act to a predefined set of ideals and expected mannerisms. People expect Khorne to shed blood, Nurgle to spread disease, Tzeentch to cause mutations and Slaanesh to enthrall and seduce. That isn't chaos. That's order.

I follow the true God of Chaos. You may not know his name, but he was always there, and always shall be.

He is Malal. He is Malice. He is Anarchy. To follow Malal is to destroy order, even if that means turning on yourself for falling into a routine. He is the embodiment of paradox and destruction. He is True Chaos.

He is the God who causes fear in the hearts and souls of the lesser Chaos Gods. He is the Outcast God, who laughs upon the fringes of space. He is Chaos, and we are the Sons of Malice.

"...and he that went before now came last, and that which was white and black and all direction was thrown against itself. Grown mightily indignant at the words of the Gods, Malal did turn his heart against them and flee into the chambers of space . . . And no man looked to Malal then, save those that serve that which they hate, who smile upon their misfortune, and who bear no love save for the damned. At such times as a warrior's heart turns to Malal, all Gods of Chaos grow fearful, and the laughter of the Outcast God fills the tomb of space . . ."

[sub]God I love Malal. WHY DID YOU ALL BUT RETCON HIM GW, WHYYYYY?[/sub]

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Slaanesh all the way. I'd be there, all pins stuck in my head, saying "WEEE HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU!" at the childrens parties.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Although my Chaos Marines army is entirely Slaanesh and Nurgle I would personally probably go for Tzeentch.

If for no other reason that it seems like the logical choice if I want to avoid being brutalized, infested or penetrated.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I am angered by the lack of respect and fear for the blood god. You shall all suffer by our hands!

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
EscapeGoat said:
None of them. You know why? Because none of them are truly chaotic. They all act to a predefined set of ideals and expected mannerisms. People expect Khorne to shed blood, Nurgle to spread disease, Tzeentch to cause mutations and Slaanesh to enthrall and seduce. That isn't chaos. That's order.

I follow the true God of Chaos. You may not know his name, but he was always there, and always shall be.

He is Malal. He is Malice. He is Anarchy. To follow Malal is to destroy order, even if that means turning on yourself for falling into a routine. He is the embodiment of paradox and destruction. He is True Chaos.
Id forgotten about Malal he is in the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay book along with quite a few other gods that you never hear about elsewhere but apparently GW lost the rights to him so thats why he no longer officially exists at least from what I can gather.

Interestingly I dont recall reading about him in the original 2 realms of chaos books Slaves to darkness and the lost and the damned, so either he had a small mention and I missed it or he was brought in later and then written out again. Or brought in before the books in some form then written out then written in then written out again.

OT: I would have to go for Khorne personally simple direct and effective I do prefer the old chaos books though where they were a little more chaotic and the lore was richer plus you could end up with a Khorne spellcaster back then as well (although Khorne didnt like it if you used to much magic).

Baalthazaq

Sep 7, 2010
So:
Am I pro-mutant, pro-war, pro-disease, or pro-sex.....

How is this a competition, and why is pro-sex second?

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
Hmm...

On one hand, my entire 40k army is a Blood Angels Death Company, so... Khorne.

But on the other hand, Slaanesh has pink...

Yeah, I think I'll pick Khorne.