Poll: Crash Bandicoot, why?!

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
I played FOR DAYS the PS1 crash and spyro series! they were awesome, and even after working as a developer on one of the later spyro games for the ps2/wii: NOTHING has come close to the naughty dog and insomniac classics! (for which, I might add, you can blame the publishers who bought the rights, and their marketing nubs who "know what the mainstream noobs want" started dictating direction. just like with every other modern game :( )

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Spyro, Crash and Sonic are the big three that get whored despite all their games since the early 90s being complete dog shit.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Not the same since Naughty Dog stopped developing the games, we did get Jak and Daxter out of it though so swings and roundabouts i suppose.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Oh, the countless hours spent with Crash and Coco... It's not that long ago I 100 %'ed Warped on my PS3.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Retardinator said:
TelHybrid said:
Oh totally. Ever since Naughty Dog stopped making Crash (basically everything after PS1), the series has sucked major balls.
I think we can all agree that there are only three Crash games and two good spin-offs.
You're right! Thanks for the correction.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
The past Crash Bash era was full of baloney. To me, Crash has a pentalogy. I have played each one of these games, made a review about one of them and finished 3 of them with EVERY gem, trophy, crystal, token etc. The games were simply amazing. They aged nicely but their descendants were horrible. Prefer the old ones any day of the week. Still have my Warped copy.

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
TelHybrid said:
Oh totally. Ever since Naughty Dog stopped making Crash (basically everything after PS1), the series has sucked major balls.
Yeh i think thats really all that needs to be said.

I put the first 3 Crash games on my psp and they were the most fun i have had on it, better then just about any game released for the system, especially the shitty new Crash games!!

Although as much as i love Crash i duno if i prefer it over hogs of war where PS1 nostalgia is concerned......

Evilproduct

Oct 25, 2009
Crash Bandicoot isn't Crash Bandicoot unless it is made by Naughty Dog. The first three canon games are fantastic as well as Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash (yes Crash Bash isnt Naughty Dog but it was still fun). Anything past those five suck.

Twinsanity? Are you kidding me?

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
crash bandicoot was amazing as a kid, i played crash of the titans and i thought the humor was pretty good but it didnt feel like crash at all

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
1-3 were amazing games, the current gen ones just don't seem to have the same great formula. CTR was fun too.

TheGameXXVII

Feb 1, 2010
Crash Bash was fucking awesome, i think i wasted many hours when i was younger trying to finish that game on the PS1...hell, i think i was still replaying it when i had the PS2!

Everin

Apr 15, 2009
Roofstone said:
This is more or less a sister thread to the "Sly Cooper and Crash Bandicoot" poll, while I am still in a forum mood.

I used to love Crash Bandicoot, I played and finish each one 100% about fifty times each. hehe.

But the newer games, they are just, so, wrong. It isnt in classic Crash Bandicoot theme, and characters is ruined.

Am I the only one that think this?

I got quite a few friends who enjoy the newer ones, and I just can't bring myself to agree with them...
I agree with you. The first couple were good, and the Crash Team Racing game, but the later ones are just plain boring.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Andronicus said:
Wrath of Cortex on PS2 was ok; didn't add much to the series, but didn't detract much either. Everything afterwards was junk. Not quite so bad as Spyro though. Poor Spyro, he didn't deserve any of what the next generation of consoles did to him...
Oh I know. I got A Hero's Tail on gamecube. Finished it by the next day.
Crash... Well, he was certainly better way back on PS. I still enjoy the other games. Same with Spyro. But they knew how to make good games back on the playstation. Spyro, Crash, Klonoa. I miss those games. Must find them somehow...

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
TelHybrid said:
Retardinator said:
TelHybrid said:
I think we can all agree that there are only three Crash games and two good spin-offs.
You're right! Thanks for the correction.
What correction? You mean how Crash Bash wasn't developed by Naughty Dog?
Well that makes it the only good post-ND game in the series. :D

I believe the series are becoming more and more like Sonic. Why don't they just let him die?