Poll: Dante's Inferno or Bioshock 2

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
So I have been saving up my money for a little while now but cannot decide whether to get Bioshock 2 or Dante's Inferno. I loved the first Bioshock but I played the demo for Dante's Inferno and fell in love with it as well.

I am starting to lean towards Dante's Inferno simply because it looks fresh and exciting, i'm not saying that Bioshock 2 is a copycat of the first one but they do look similar.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Bioshock 2.

Dante's Inferno is almost exactly the same as God of War. Same controls, same basic theme, same specials, same everything as God of War.

The only difference is that its about killing Satan rather than the Gods.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Egh? As I've said in other threads of this type, make up your own decision please. You know what you like better than anyone else. Is it took much to ask for you to make up your own mind on what you play for the next 2 days/weeks/etc.?

By the way, Bioshock 2 by far. Dante's Inferno isn't just a shameless rip off of God of War, it's A bad rip off.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
I'd have to say bioshock 2, dante's inferno looks more like a god of war clone than something I'd call "fresh and exciting" and I'm just a complete bioshock fanboy, after all, I got the platinum.

shadow_pirate22

Aug 25, 2008
Bioshock 2. I've been waiting for that since beating bioshock 1, and i havent read anything about/dont care about dante's inferno.

EDIT: and if you enjoyed the demo for dante's inferno, get the god of war 1+2 pack for ps3

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
Is that even a question worth the nessecary level of exertion to ask? Bioshock 2. I found the Dante's Inferno demo incrdibly boring and bland. I mean, after killing DEATH, what tha hell can stop you?

WorkerMurphey

Jan 24, 2010
I'm inclined to say BioShock as well. If you need to save up for new games consider the value for your dollar - are you going to play BioShock multiplayer? Are you going to go back and beat Dante's on super-duper hard mode?

I think your money would probably go further with BioShock, wait till Dante's drops in price (around the time God Of War comes out I imagine.)

As much as Dante's is most certainly similar to God of War I'm inclined to support it due to the fact that the source material is interesting and Kratos is one of the lamest protagonist's I've played as.

Geekmaster K

Sep 29, 2009
I loved the first BioShock, and I'm definitely looking forward to the second one. 2K Marin has promised that BioShock 2 will NOT be a complete duplicate of the first game, but an experience all its own. Some people are skeptical of this because of the lack of information being released about the game with the launch fast-approaching. However, I think the reason they're not letting too many details out is because they want the experience to be breathtaking. If you know too much about it in advance, it doesn't have quite the same effect. Sort of like how no one knew about Desmond Miles and the Animus before Assassin's Creed came out. They just assumed it was actually set in the Holy Land during the Third Crusade, and that there was no other main character except Altair. Boy, were they in for a surprise!

By the way, the reason I don't recommend Dante's Inferno is because I've read about some of the imagery in the game, and I think it would traumatize me for life. If you think you would be disturbed by a blade coming out of a female demon's vagina, DON'T play Dante's Inferno. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
I've only played Bioshock, and have exactly zero experience with Dante's Inferno.

So therefore Bioshock II wins by default.

To be honest though, from the limited amount of information I have on both games then I'd still go with Bioshock.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I'd say bioshock 2, because it has multiplayer, which will add countless more hours of play time than single player only Dante's Inferno.
However, you know what you want better than any of us, don't you?

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
I played the first Bioshock... Didn't care for it...

People say D's I is a rip off of God of War, and I can't figure it out... isn't God of War supposed to be awesome.

I'd think that if you like God of War you'd like Dante too...

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I will have to say Bioshock 2. While Dante's Inferno will most likely be good I think Bioshock 2 will be much better. I could be wrong as well. No way of knowing which one will be better.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
That's like choosing between a filet mignon dinner and a banana peel given to you on the street by a stray dog dying of syphilis. Bioshock 2.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I'd go with Mass Effect 2 personally. I played the original Bioshock, and while fun the first time, it had little lasting impact on me and the times I've tried replaying it have resulted in boredom.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
I disagree with everything the Dante's Inferno team has been doing. At this rate, they're going to be pumping in a bigger advertising-to-production budget ratio than even Modern Warfare 2.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Dantes Inferno.
Getting a bit tired of the God of War rip off tag.
People lets be clear on this.The game hasn't been released yet,so nobodys played from start to finish yet.
Australia's getting it in two days so I'll let you all know.