Poll: Dawnguard: So... anyone actually DAWNGUARD?

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Thought I have yet to buy it, what with it only coming out on the XBOX thus far, I think I'll side myself with the Dawnguard. A true Nord doesn't subject himself to the horror or tyranny of vampire rule and certainly would not join the ranks of such creatures, though he hasn't a quarrel accepting the blood of the wolf, for the will of lord Hircine be that of all!

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
ELCTea said:
JWRosser said:
Well the character I'm playing through currently with is my "good" character, so I sided with the Dawnguard. She's also a werewolf, so, you know....
Yup my main is werewolf too so i'll be going with DG first and then i shall see what all the fuss over vamps are

Captcha-Disney, oh how i hope disney don't make a skyrim movie!!
I may be missing something here, but do you know how to use different wolf howls? When I press the button for shout it just does the howl which makes enemies flee, but I've unlocked one that apparently summons wolf allies. Any idea how I use this one? It says something about a totem? The only thing that I can guess is that it has something to do with Companions quests...but unfortunately that has glitched on me so I can't do any more of them (it says that I need to take the totem when I've already taken it, and I can't drop it as it is a quest item...)

Captcha: "It's over". Somewhat apt if my attempts are futile...

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
I got it for the 360 yesterday and my favourite moment of the DLC so far( completed as a dawnguard) was finding Jiub from morrowind in the soul cairn I was just like OMG JIUB ("I heard them say we've reached morrowind im sure they will let us go" such a tragic fate......

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
ELCTea said:
JWRosser said:
Well the character I'm playing through currently with is my "good" character, so I sided with the Dawnguard. She's also a werewolf, so, you know....
Yup my main is werewolf too so i'll be going with DG first and then i shall see what all the fuss over vamps are

Sshh! They might be listening! If I see a feature-length animated film about the muscle-bound Nord and his wisecracking dark elf sidekick fighting dragons and foiling power plays, with celebrity voices and running gags about arrows in the knee...

Actually, that might be neat.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Vampire-Lord, DragonBorn, Archmage... I'm starting to get the suspicion this world was made for MY benefit.

Nah, just kidding. I'm playing Skyrim on PC. I'll have to wait patiently to claim the first title ;).

Save us.A7X

Apr 15, 2009
JWRosser said:
ELCTea said:
JWRosser said:

I may be missing something here, but do you know how to use different wolf howls? When I press the button for shout it just does the howl which makes enemies flee, but I've unlocked one that apparently summons wolf allies. Any idea how I use this one? It says something about a totem? The only thing that I can guess is that it has something to do with Companions quests...but unfortunately that has glitched on me so I can't do any more of them (it says that I need to take the totem when I've already taken it, and I can't drop it as it is a quest item...)

You don't drop it, you just interact with one of the altars in the Underforge and it should be placed on it when you do. Then you just interact with the altar again to change your power. As for Dawnguard I think I'll be going Dawnguard with my main character, already a werewolf so it doesn't make sense to side with the Vampire Lords.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
On my high and mighty main character elf, I'm likely going Dawnguard.

Luckily I have an asshole character who would gladly go with the bloodsuckers later.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
I was planning to go with the Dawnguard, but for whatever reason I was very interested in learning more about Serana, and I figured that I'd have to join the vampires to do that. No regrets. Vampire Lord is amazing, and I've got a character that's a perfect fit for the Dawnguard to play later.

Also, it bears noting that at one point, as a vampire, I returned to Fort Dawnguard to see if anyone sold Crossbow bolts. No one did. So I talked with Isran a bit, and he failed to notice my glowing vampire eyes and fangs. As he lectured me on the importance of keeping your eyes sharp and on the lookout. Then he told me that sleep is for the weak, as he climbed into bed and shut his eyes. I didn't really want a drink, but when someone is asking for it THAT bad, how can I say no? Most incompetent vampire hunters I've ever seen.

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
Nightmonger said:
I got it for the 360 yesterday and my favourite moment of the DLC so far( completed as a dawnguard) was finding Jiub from morrowind in the soul cairn I was just like OMG JIUB ("I heard them say we've reached morrowind im sure they will let us go" such a tragic fate......
Really? Holy crap. I might just have to go out and buy Skyrim, just for that.
Hahaha. Id probably roll Dawnguard. Dont own it, but the brief times I have played it, My character, is the Knightly sort, so hed certainly jump at the chance to Slay some Nightwalkers.

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
WaywardHaymaker said:
I was planning to go with the Dawnguard, but for whatever reason I was very interested in learning more about Serana, and I figured that I'd have to join the vampires to do that. No regrets. Vampire Lord is amazing, and I've got a character that's a perfect fit for the Dawnguard to play later.

Also, it bears noting that at one point, as a vampire, I returned to Fort Dawnguard to see if anyone sold Crossbow bolts. No one did. So I talked with Isran a bit, and he failed to notice my glowing vampire eyes and fangs. As he lectured me on the importance of keeping your eyes sharp and on the lookout. Then he told me that sleep is for the weak, as he climbed into bed and shut his eyes. I didn't really want a drink, but when someone is asking for it THAT bad, how can I say no? Most incompetent vampire hunters I've ever seen.
Serana joins you no matter which side you're on

EDIT: Fun Fact: The voice actor for Agmaer is the same voice actor that did Chester McBadbat in The Fairly Odd Parents.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
JWRosser said:
ELCTea said:
JWRosser said:

Unfortunately my dear friend i didn't even know that there were different shouts, but i shall investigate and let you know.