Poll: Deadliest Video Game Warrior: Round One, Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

5dragonlord

Jun 13, 2009
another thing is thatif samus used her whip MC could just grab it and either take it or whip her around with it.plus MC took out an entire covenat ship samus fought a giant phyic dinosaur with all her suit upgraded and still needed help from the metroid

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
Pfft, the Chief would just go into forge mode and set his speed and jump height to 200%. Then he would give himself a gravity hammer before deciding to forget the whole damn thing and chase Samus around with a kill ball.

hectorrouge

Jun 14, 2009
Listen people, he's talking about the actual master chief, not the Gamer-dumbed down version that makes it possible to litteraly sit on a fucking grenade, just to recover your fucking shield. No Master Chief isn't a fucking god, he's a forty year old little twat who because he was kidnapped needs to take out his angst on ever other fuck prick in the game.

While Samus on the other hand is a bounty hunter whos soul perpose is to destroy or capture the baddies, while Master queef has a whole fucking Military force backing his ass up, Samus does not, she had ONE fucking metroid to help, other than that she's on her own. Samus's shield actually makes sense because she's alone. her ammunition is much larger than Master chief's making her much more likely to win. There i rest my case you god damn bum fucking loonies.

No offense to anyone i just decided to join in.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
*Also puts on nerd glasses and does nasally voice*

Technically, Master Chief has been around for a little longer than that. It's heavily theorized that he is the cyborg you play as in Marathon, and that Halo is actually a prequel series to Bungie's first game(s) of that title.

Samus has also been in a crap-load more games than that.

It doesn't really matter, but I hate seeing facts left out. XD

Good read! Puts that 'space marine' into the dirt where he belongs!

hectorrouge

Jun 14, 2009
LogicNProportion said:
*Also puts on nerd glasses and does nasally voice*

Technically, Master Chief has been around for a little longer than that. It's heavily theorized that he is the cyborg you play as in Marathon, and that Halo is actually a prequel series to Bungie's first game(s) of that title.

Samus has also been in a crap-load more games than that.

It doesn't really matter, but I hate seeing facts left out. XD

Good read! Puts that 'space marine' into the dirt where he belongs!
You are correct, if you look closely at the Legendary ending of Halo 3, you'll see that the planwt he's crashing towards looks oddly like the marathon planet, even witht he same bloodly symbol on it, but Bungie has already explained that thats a no go, I believe the damn planet is Onyx

5dragonlord

Jun 13, 2009
well if we're going at this from a realistic fashion their both made up video game charecters that do not exist so we should just drop the subject

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Really, it's a bit ridiculous to compare the two, because the technology present in the Metroid series is on a whole different level than the comparatively primitive weaponry and equipment present in Halo. And that's before we take into consideration the Speed Boost, which also gives Samus access to the Shinespark (which I believe Dark Samus used for space travel, by the way), and the Screw Attack which grants Samus with near-invincibility and the ability to instantly vaporize most opponents.

And it's not just the tech; there's also the wildlife. Zebes as a planet was barely inhabitable by human life, but the indigenous life-forms of that planet evolved to survive in magma and extremely corrosive acid. On SR388 were the Metroids, who were capable of absorbing a variety of different energy types, including the so-called "life energy", whose only weakness was being frozen solid and shattered with multiple missiles. People suggest that Samus' Power Beam is weak, but the fact of the matter is that it's the wildlife that's immensely durable.

The way I see it, the standard Galactic Federation soldiers are probably a good bit weaker than the Spartans physically, but equipped with medium-range weapons that far surpass most of what was present in Halo. I truly doubt that the projectile weapons from Halo would have much of an effect on Samus' Power Armor... except for the rockets, which might just take out one of her 20-ish energy tanks.

~~~~

Also, at the age of 3 Samus was genetically altered by the ancient and almost mystical Chozo race, which without a doubt was the most technologically advanced civilization in the Metroid universe, in order to survive the harsh conditions of Zebes, giving her superhuman strength, reflexes and durability in addition to the Power Suit. She was trained as a warrior by the Chozo for 11 years, and then joined the Galactic Federation military, where she server for several years before becoming a bounty hunter. At the end of Metroid Fusion she was once again genetically altered, this time with a Metroid vaccine, and adopted limited Metroid-like absorption abilities. Until Nintendo decide to release an actual Metroid V, there's no telling what other abilities she may develop due to her recent mutation.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Think of it as who could do the others job. Master Chief has no capacity for fighting the Metroids or the Space Pirates, while Samus could breeze through anything Master Chief does.

Thats why Kratos remains the deadliest character, as no-one else has killed two actual gods.
Uh....no.

Deadpool would completely RAPE Kratos.
Why? Kratos may have been a God once, but not anymore. Now he's a mortal, which means he can die. Deadpool, however, is immortal, he CAN'T die, which Kratos has done two times already.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
-Zen- said:
Compatriot Block said:
For example, in one of the books, he used his hand to slap a missile fired from a fighter jet away from himself.
Holy shit.
Yeah. Holy shit.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not saying that Master Chief would necessarily win. I'm just saying that I don't think the fight would be as one-sided as some people are suggesting.

Enigma Syndrome

Jun 5, 2008
I'm just kinda looking back through the years at all the enemies and bosses that Samus had to sieve through in juxtaposition to Master Chief, and really, sorry Master Chief but Samus has been through so much more shit than you have. But it's true that when you compare two characters like this, you have to integrate their entire arsenal.

If you do that, Samus would literally be an invincible monster infused with pulsating blue electric-goo that can move faster than you could possibly see. Even if you did see her, little bits and pieces of you would be painting walls.

Oh, and remember Super Metroid everyone, the Super bomb thingy? Samus can regenerate life with a super bomb, and 5 super missles.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
For some reason I'm imagining Chief challenging Samus to battle, and Samus picking a nice and warm magma stream as their battleground.

If Master Chief melts from that, it's certainly not her fault.