Poll: Deadliest Video Game Warrior: Round One, Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
iTommeh said:
Interesting. However, you disregarded MC's close range melee attack. It's almost a one hit kill.
Yet Aran happens to not let him get that damn close.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Thats why Kratos remains the deadliest character, as no-one else has killed two actual gods.
Actually, he's killed three. Ares, Athena (accidently, but still), and Persephone in Chains of Olympus.

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Omega 2521 said:
As you said Samus does have a profound advantage in most of the weapon classes, but if it came down to an unarmed match, suits included or not, I think Chief would be the victor.

roastbeefy said:
And besides, if all else fails, Samus could go zerosuit and try to woo the chief with her "feminine wiles," and get in a shot when he's off guard. That is, of course if Master Chief is actually woo-able, or that Samus isn't too proud to use this tactic.
Unfortunatly for the poor Chief, part of the SPARTAN program's side effects was the removal of the sex drive...
Aw, but they'd be so cute slaughtering aliens together....

This is actually a tough one, and despite being a Metroid fan, I'd have to say that, if I was forced to not be indecisive, my money's on the Chief. Also, where'd you get the weight stat for Samus? I think that's a bit too light, I thought it was in the 200-300lb range.

The true test of skill here; we need to pit them against one another in a variety of smaller challenges: chess, guitar hero, karaoke and staring contests. THAT would decide the Ultimate Victor!

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
irishdelinquent said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
So when do we declare the battle over and remove Master Chiefs smoldering corpse?

Also, how is this defined by vote or by posts? You know that as soon as you put in Gordon Freeman, all the fanboys are going to vote for him , despite the fact that nearly every videogame protagonist could utterly destroy him in two seconds flat.

And this is going to end up as a thorn in it, but - which is stronger in these cases, magic or technology? Nariko has a sword that can allow her to access godly powers for a full three days before she dies, does this make her invulnerable to anything a technologically powered fighter can do?
Well this was more of me just voicing my own opinion, rather than a contest per se. But if you guys want I could, for the future, make it based on the poll. And as for magic vs. Technology, I'm trying to keep the fights fairly well balanced; Nariko probably would not face off against a technologically powered fight (but Link might be a good match (hint))
The problem there becomes what happens in the next rounds? Where Samus fights whopever wins the next round, and so on.
Oh, that seems to have been an error in wording. This is not a tournament-style competition...it's just a series of fantasy matches pitting fairly evenly matched opponents against one another. Samus may not fight again, or she may fight another opponent who could rival her.

Sorry for the confusion.

TheDukester

Aug 2, 2008
We will be able to test out this fight in Super Smash Bros. Super Cereal Bout, coming the summer of 2012, right before the world ends.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I like this idea, and I love the show. It'll be interesting to see what kind of battles you have lined up next.

roastbeefy

Apr 20, 2009
roastbeefy said:
And besides, if all else fails, Samus could go zerosuit and try to woo the chief with her "feminine wiles," and get in a shot when he's off guard. That is, of course if Master Chief is actually woo-able, or that Samus isn't too proud to use this tactic.
[/quoteUnfortunatly for the poor Chief, part of the SPARTAN program's side effects was the removal of the sex drive...[/quote] this quote is from Omega 2521 but I screwed up the Quote thing.

Poor chief...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
yeah Samus would make theChief her whimmpering little *****...

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Ok stupid together we shall be. I think its funny that you defended one of my points about two super soldiers in ridiculous power armour and over powered weapons with reality! and the only armoured character in the universe we need to worry about and who could beat them both is this man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqa08UGZGtk

Edit: this was supposed to be a quote but I messed it up.

ShadowSlayer73

Apr 15, 2009
Master Chief by a long shot.
Close, Medium, OR Long Range, he could either carry around a turret and massacre you, Spartan Laser you, or blow you to bits with the rocket launcher.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
That was awesome, I'd have to say Samus as well even though I haven't played any metroid games because the armor is her weapon and her defence whereas Chief relies on external guns.

May I suggest you dip into Warcraft mythos for one of them, 'twould make me very happy.

Lord Dracogangake

Apr 15, 2009
Seemed to have forgotten Spartan Biological Enhancements:
* Carbide ceramic ossification: The grafting of advanced materials onto the skeletal structure to make bones almost unbreakable. If coverage exceeded 3 percent of the total bone, mass white blood cell necrosis was common. In adolescents, growth spurts could result in bone pulverization.
* Muscular enhancement injections: An intra-muscular injection of a protein complex to increase tissue density and decrease lactose recovery time. Increased the risk of a fatal cardiac volume increase.
* Catalytic thyroid implant: The implantation of a platinum pellet in the thyroid containing human growth hormone catalyst. This boosted growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. It was known to suppress the sexual drive and cause elephantiasis.
* Occipital capillary reversal: Increased blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of the retina. Increases visual perception. Known to cause retina rejection and detachment, as well as permanent blindness.
* Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: Altered the bio-electrical nerve trans-duction to shielded electronic trans-duction. Resulted in a 300 percent increase in reflexes. Showed evidence of an increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. Often caused Parkinson's disease and Fletcher's syndrome.
Also, Energy Swords are products of the Covenant, so Master Chief wouldn't really be using it. I think, for special, a Spartan Laser would fit better.
Furthermore, Master Chief has been in service for over 30 years, bypassing even Samus's age.