Poll: Deadliest Video Game Warrior: Round One, Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

Hitman 43

Jun 6, 2009
-Seraph- said:
Hitman 43 said:
irishdelinquent said:
*Snip* by Hitman 43

I would have to say Master Chief.

Eventhough you have quite a good write up, there are some important facts you have forgotten about Master Chief.

Forgotten Facts:

Cortana

Master Chief has Cortana with him. An AI which is assumed to be the best there is. She can easily help him in combat, making calculations, warnings of incoming fire, data on the enemy and much more by speaking directly into his mind. If you count Master Chief in a fight, you must count Cortana also as she is always with him.

So a nagging voice in your head makes you a better fighter...

Speed:

Eventhough his armour is heavy, Master Chief can still move as if he wasn't wearing it.

so can Samus. Actually she can run FASTER than Cheif due to her speed power which can literally rip through solid object like nothing.

Amour:

I believe his armour has unlimited supply of power. I can't remember exactly.

Once chiefs shield are down (which isn't hard), his armor has the consistency of tin foil. He becomes an instant pansy without his shields. That and Samus' weapons have a level of destruction that puts chiefs weapons to shame.

Fighting Skills:

You seem to be underestimating his fighting skill and strength. And he actually would be able to shoot and dodge his enemies at the same time. Not as accurately as when stationary, but he would have the ability to do so.

Samus can shoot and move at the same time AS WELL. She is also more acrobatic, and her screw attack leaves her impervious to pretty much any conventional weaponry. Running and shooting means jack shit if your enemy can turn into a spinning vortex of death, lay down mega bombs, and spam rockets at an alarming rate at your face. One also fails to realize that Samus is ALSO an enhanced human, so she is no weakling without her suit either. She was genetically altered by the Chozo and trained since the age of 3, so he combat experience is no less than that of Chiefs.
Samus would win without question, her arsenal and capabilities are far beyond that of chiefs.
I just told you my opinion. I believe Master Chief would defeat her and there really isn't a way which there is going to be full correct outcome on who would win because those two are never going to fight.

Master Chief fell thousands of meters towards a planet from space, hit the ground full contact and survived with no injuries. And you're calling that armour "tin foil"?

And yes Cortana is a big help to Master Chief.

NinjaBob

Jun 14, 2009
has anyone ever played the metroid games, samus gun sucks it takes like 50 shots to kill anything.
lets see... those one eyed bug things from prime 3... +10 shots. the things about the size of a grunt, grunt takes 2 shots from pistol max.

master chief has better guns more skills and super duper strength.
samus could not beat master chief.

Versago

May 28, 2009
Whilst the master chief is limited to the guns he finds Samus has infinite amunition, not counting missles or big bombs.
If master chief had to shoot her down she would curl up into morph ball, roll to dodge or hide, then re-emerge when his ammo is depleated and take him out with a gun of her choice conviniently kept in her arm.

Tactical Victory.

Case Closed.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Yes but from the logic you applied it doesn't sound like you even LOOKED at Samus to begin with. Still...Samus wins regardless, no AI or or cyber augment can prove otherwise. I am a fan of both franchises so it's really no bias for me, just the simple fact that Samus is a monster compered to poor chief.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Samus having an ice berg dropped on her takes away one energy tank. In some games Samus can have 20 energy tanks.
Being run over by a car or shot by a missile one hits MC, Samus in most games can carry up to 250 missiles.

Hitman 43

Jun 6, 2009
-Seraph- said:
Yes but from the logic you applied it doesn't sound like you even LOOKED at Samus to begin with. Still...Samus wins regardless, no AI or or cyber augment can prove otherwise. I am a fan of both franchises so it's really no bias for me, just the simple fact that Samus is a monster compered to poor chief.
Whatever you believe, you believe. It's what you're thinking not me.

Winter Rat

Sep 2, 2008
Samus because she was a fixture of my adolescence, but Master Chief does have that army of frat boys.
This discussion is irrelevant because Mercer from Prototype is some sort of demigod who can run up walls while carrying a car and punch out tanks.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Souplex said:
Samus having an ice berg dropped on her takes away one energy tank. In some games Samus can have 20 energy tanks.
Being run over by a car or shot by a missile one hits MC
Lol she can just use her scerw attack and she's an impervious vortex of flying DEATH. That and her plasma beam can plow through solid objects...so much for them shields chief....

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Rare clearly needs to add Master Chief into the next Super Smash Brothers title so we can settle this shit once and for all.

ardias-028

May 28, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
ardias-028 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
That is assuming that her Thermal and X-ray visor doesn't just highlight his skeleton as soon as he gets within 80 Meters of her. Short of holding a sheet of room-temperature lead in front of him that still managed to be completely invisible to the computer-enhanced eye.....
The mjolnr mk 5/6 is rated for extended use in the vacume of space, there is a lot of radiation and outher harmful material in vacume. The mk5/6 both have measures to prevent harmfull affects on the occupant. since the suit weigs somthing like 400Kg (mk5 500Kg) this protection could be a lead lining, but more likley a modified polymer. This renders X-ray useless because X-ray uses gamma radiation effectivly blocked by the mjolinrs protectve layer.
Meaning Smaus would only need to look for a suspicious Master CHief sized opaque black object among the clear surroundings. Being x-ray proof is useless when everything else isn't.
well yeah, if the battle feild was made of meat. Gamma radiation ha a hard time getting through steel, rock, some plastics, titanium, electrical equipment and most outher building materials that would be used in a battle feld common to both caricters. I dont think they would fight on a meat-feild.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Psychosocial said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Saw a video of this on youtube let me try and get the link.

Samus Vs Master Chief. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU]
That's not Master Chief, just so you know. :p
I was quite aware of that. Still it was a spartan vs Seamus.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Ganthrinor said:
hectorrouge said:
Now how about a Link Vs Solid Snake. THat seems like it'd be alot of cancer fun.

Also, a single Imperial Fist Space Marine from WH40k would kill both of them at the same time.
Or any Space Marine, in fact, most things in the 40k universe could effortlessly beat either of them.