Poll: Deadliest Video Game Warrior: Round One, Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

Jun 8, 2009
Its worth considering this. Master chief's armour can barely take a rocket on easy, let alone a missile. If we're talking normal, he CAN'T take a rocket, not directly anyway. So medium range combat would be over in seconds. Master chief has a rocket launcher too though, so I actually think medium range combat would be whoever got the first shot off. Chances are they'd kill each other.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
dude... just look at Haloid for this battle http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/haloid/57998

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Even though I dislike both Characters I would have to say Master Chief, people seem to think it would be a straight up fight and for some reason that they both keep on missing until the Chief runs out of ammo and clearly all the Chief would do is grab a sniper and rocket launcher and just go for either 1. HEADSHOT! 2. 2 sniper shots 3. wait for Samus to get a bit closer then jump and fire rockets down.

Hitman 43

Jun 6, 2009
irishdelinquent said:
*Snip* by Hitman 43

I would have to say Master Chief.

Eventhough you have quite a good write up, there are some important facts you have forgotten about Master Chief.

Forgotten Facts:

Cortana

Master Chief has Cortana with him. An AI which is assumed to be the best there is. She can easily help him in combat, making calculations, warnings of incoming fire, data on the enemy and much more by speaking directly into his mind. If you count Master Chief in a fight, you must count Cortana also as she is always with him.

Speed:

Eventhough his armour is heavy, Master Chief can still move as if he wasn't wearing it.

Amour:

I believe his armour has unlimited supply of power. I can't remember exactly.

Fighting Skills:

You seem to be underestimating his fighting skill and strength. And he actually would be able to shoot and dodge his enemies at the same time. Not as accurately as when stationary, but he would have the ability to do so.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
FROGGEman2 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Here's the thing, MC is created to be a more realistic character. He represents a look at how soldiers could be in hundred's of years. Samus is a character who is made to be a character. It's like having Batman fight Superman.
Master Chief = Realistic = retarded
Your Reply = Retarded

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
Hitman 43 said:
irishdelinquent said:
*Snip* by Hitman 43

Eventhough you have quite a good write up, there are some important facts you have forgotten about Master Chief.

Forgotten Facts:

Cortana

Master Chief has Cortana with him. An AI which is assumed to be the best there is. She can easily help him in combat, making calculations, warnings of incoming fire, data on the enemy and much more by speaking directly into his mind. If you count Master Chief in a fight, you must count Cortana also as she is always with him.

Speed:

Eventhough his armour is heavy, Master Chief can still move as if he wasn't wearing it.

Amour:

Fighting Skills:

You seem to be underestimating his fighting skill and strength. And he actually would be able to shoot and dodge his enemies at the same time. Not as accurately as when stationary, but he would have the ability to do so.
On top of this every one seems to have forgotten about the variety of equipment MC could use like the bubbble shield or the energy drainer.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
When you say "Deadliest Video Game Warrior" are we talking about raw killing power versus peons, a one-on-one scenario or thier ability to handle all the oponents in thier respective games? Master Chief is limited to the availability of weapons and ammo. I'm too unfamiliar with the Metroid games nowadays to judge Samus' combat effectiveness when weapon and ammo availability is an issue. Also, Spartan Laser >>> Sniper Rifle.

Besides, I think we all know that the greatest Video Game Warrior of all time was Kain from Final Fantasy 4. You just do not mess with the Dragoon.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
hectorrouge said:
Now how about a Link Vs Solid Snake. THat seems like it'd be alot of cancer fun.
Link all the way. Snake is old and arthritic, Elf-Boy has MAGIC POWERS.

Guess I'd better wiegh in on the Samus VS MC OT though... I'd go for MC. Mostly because Plasma Pistol + Magnum is the cheeziest thing since Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

Also, a single Imperial Fist Space Marine from WH40k would kill both of them at the same time.

NinjaBob

Jun 14, 2009
ardias-028 said:
When the chief was 13, he and about 3 outher spartan II's were placed, naked, in a sealed caven and where orderd to take a flag from 3 highly trained marines all wearing mjolnir mark 1 powerd armour equipped with motion sensors and rifles.
for 3 days thay couldnt be found on the monitering equipment, during that time they had somehow found head to toe black tactical clothing, woven a rope, aquired equipment to scale the celing of the cavern AND made improvised weaponary. thay then ambushed the 3 marines from above, killing 2, and got the flag. thay did all this withot any reasources or bioenhancements.

In the mark 5 armour spartan II soldiers can dig thir finges into titaniun-A deck plate to make a hand hold.

The chief could sneak up on samus and kill her by driving his finger through her visor and into her skull! he dosn't even NEED his weapons.
nicely said.
its true master chief would totality win

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Hitman 43 said:
irishdelinquent said:
*Snip* by Hitman 43

Forgotten Facts:

Cortana

So a nagging voice in your head makes you a better fighter...

Speed:

so can Samus. Actually she can run FASTER than Cheif due to her speed power which can literally rip through solid object like nothing.

Amour:

Once chiefs shield are down (which isn't hard), his armor has the consistency of tin foil. He becomes an instant pansy without his shields. That and Samus' weapons have a level of destruction that puts chiefs weapons to shame.

Fighting Skills:

Samus can shoot and move at the same time AS WELL. She is also more acrobatic, and her screw attack leaves her impervious to pretty much any conventional weaponry. Running and shooting means jack shit if your enemy can turn into a spinning vortex of death, lay down mega bombs, and spam rockets at an alarming rate at your face. One also fails to realize that Samus is ALSO an enhanced human, so she is no weakling without her suit either. She was genetically altered by the Chozo and trained since the age of 3, so he combat experience is no less than that of Chiefs.
Samus would win without question, her arsenal and capabilities are far beyond that of chiefs.