Poll: Desktop or Laptop?

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Right now I'm sitting at my lovely MacBook Pro. Much more convenient than a desktop. At least for just surfing the internet.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
I'll stick with my Good ol' tower computer because my girlfreind has a burn on her leg from using a laptop.

Yea that is probably a pretty stupid reason but i'm sticking with it.

5stringedbandit

Jun 6, 2009
InvisibleSeal said:
5stringedbandit said:
Desktop. Not fond of laptops, everyone I know who has one's is either really really slow or broken.
I'm probably the only one I know who has a laptop faster than the desktop I have access too - plus, the desktop is really new, so I don't really understand.

EDIT: then again you can't really upgrade a laptop...
Really the only good point is the fact they are portable. If you aim to use one like a desktop it will slow down alot over time. Not as bad as if you have vista *har-de-har-har* but still.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
InvisibleSeal said:
A question everyone should be able to answer: what are you using to get on the forums now?

I searched and didn't come up withe anything. It's a simple question. I'm not sure what would come under other (supercomputer??) but I put the option anyway just to be on the safe side...
Well, I've gone on this site on my PSP before... thing took forever to load though so I usually don't... Right now I'm on my desk top... I have a laptop too, but usually only use in bed, for music when I'm doing some stuff in another room, or for school...

Jawshey

Jun 1, 2009
Love my laptop, though it's died so often I should really start calling it a Zombie laptop.

Desktops are alot better for gaming, and they don't give you a hot lap either! Or make you sterile (or so I've heard).

bombchu

Jul 7, 2009
Ooh, the poll's split down the middle pretty much!

I love my lappy. I get to use it in bed! That's the best use for it ever. Mine has never burned me either :)

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I don't have a desktop so I'm always using my laptop. I don't know why people complain so much about the track pads. Just plug in a USB mouse. I always bring one with me when I bring my laptop anywhere.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Desktop so I can play PC games if I ever want. Although I mostly play console games, since the fame in computer games is for FPS, a genre I'm not that into. There are some good FPS's, however, only that I don't play many of them.

Also, a question while we're on the subject. I have two choices, upgrade my current computer so it can even play Crysis on good settings, or, get a laptop. As I said, I'm not that into the whole PC gaming, but it eventually drops in a game for the PC I want. Reasons for getting laptop... I like not having to sit on my chair all day when I need to write something or update my site profiles. So what should I get?

Neurowaste

Apr 4, 2008
Have both, use my laptop for school stuff and general internet, my desktop is my gaming PC. I love my desktop more, sorry laptop. You'll get your time someday.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
At this stage in my life with university and all a laptop is far more beneficial. Also I like sitting around on the couch with my laptop dicking around. I would have preferred a desktop when I was younger and far more into gaming(especially rts and turn based strategy games) though.