Poll: did i pretty much make this kid snap?

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
So, there's this kid who rides on my bus and one of my friends is also friends with the dude.

My friend kind of messes around with the kid so I did a bit of the same. He tended to laugh at it a bit because it wasn't name calling or anything. I mean, we'd tell a racist joke or two, but it wasn't strictly on him. We did it to must people and even each other. We'd also say his name in like a funny way, but nothing really discriminating. Just in a cuban accent (by the way, he's cuban).

Yesterday, this other guy on our bus that morning had a poptart and put it on the dudes head. Now, the dude stabbed my friend in the arm first with a shank he made out of a pen thinking it was him. Then, in the afternoon, he does the same to the kid that actually put the poptart on his head. The kid punches the dude in the face.

They get off at the same stop, so on the poptart dudes way home the cuban kid stabs him with a knife in the chest and it punctures his lung. He's now in a lot of trouble. My friend says that us messing with him isn't what caused it, but the counselor at our school says otherwise.

Anyway, I want to know, am I at fault here? Did I pretty much stab the guy because I messed with this one kid just sort of joking with him? Or do you think he was already messed up and just had bad anger issues? Just as some more information, he has had some violent behavior before I even really met him.

EDIT: okay, so i've realized i haven't given a lot of info on this.

he has done some violent things in the past, this isn't the first time.

no i did not know this.

he seemed like he was cool with it, he sort of joined in.

this is how me, and everyone in that area of the bus, even this kid, treated each other.

let me ask a better question, am i a terrible person?

also, others wanting more info past that, that's all i have, this is everything that i know.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Dear God, no matter how old you are you must at least know proper capitalization, punctuation, and a form of writing beside...

But English Nazism aside, I honestly don't think so. I have no clue so you can probably disregard this comment anyway.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Dude, this seems to be nowhere near enough information to accurately assess the stabbers motivation. We have no idea of what his situation at home is, why the counselor thinks you're indirectly to blame or what the guys intentions were in making the shank. I don't think this is something any of us can answer unless we know more about this guy. All we really know now is your side of the story, but that's not nearly as relevant as his.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Well, yes you were at fault, but I doubt that you're the only reason for it.

Apr 28, 2008
If he was prone to violent tenancies, then it seems you and your friend are more of a "straw that broke the camel's back" type thing.

That being said, even though you apparently were just the straw in the matter, it is still your fault. Why would you mess with a kid who was prone to violent behavior?

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Irridium said:
If he was prone to violent tenancies, then it seems you and your friend are more of a "straw that broke the camel's back" type thing.

That being said, even though you apparently were just the straw in the matter, it is still your fault. Why would you mess with a kid who was prone to violent behavior?
i didn't know til after the incident that he was like that. he always seemed just chill, and he'd laugh with us and shit when we'd messed with him, it seemed like he was having a good time.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
You two probably didn't help, I can say that. So ya, you do share some of the blame and you can tell because he stabbed your friend first. He was obviously tired of it, so he wanted revenge. Be glad he found out that your friend didn't do it or he might have stabbed you both instead.

Apr 28, 2008
klaynexas3 said:
Irridium said:

i didn't know til after the incident that he was like that. he always seemed just chill, and he'd laugh with us and shit when we'd messed with him, it seemed like he was having a good time.
I see. Still, words can hurt just as much as, well knives.

And just because someone seems fine with something, doesn't mean they actually are. I know you didn't mean anything by it and all, but it seems he didn't know that.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
More information really is needed. Was he prone to violent tendencies before you started messing with him? If yes, then you're not at fault (EDIT: Maybe. You could be, too, but I'm not a psychologist). If no, then you are (EDIT: Again, maybe).

Besides, there are more factors in his life than you and your friend. Unless you know every factor pertaining to his life, it's hard to determine if you made him "snap," if he did indeed snap in the first place.

Also, the carriage return and the shift key are your friends. It would help us if you put some effort into formatting your posts.

May 28, 2009
I have no idea who is who in this story. I hear "this guy", "this dude", "this kid" with no definitive labelling.

But from what I understood: Who the hell puts a poptart on someone's head? Waste of a good confectionery treat.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
teh_pwning_dude said:
Wall of text

Please learn to format properly.

Also, that kid is a champion in my book. Give him a high-five for me.

Also also, of course it's your fucking fault.
Really? You're going to be one of those anonymous douchebags on the internet that make out the idolize anyone who's reckless and violent.... Way to be An Hero.

OT: You guys putting shit on him probably contributed to him going over the edge, but typically people who lose their shit and get stabby/shooty at school aren't exactly well balanced when left to their own devices. If he was carrying both a knife and a shiv, then I'm guessing he went out that morning looking to do something stupid, which can hardly be blamed on the actions of anyone else.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I don't believe a single word of the OP is not exaggerated or a bold faced lie.

There might be truth buried in there somewhere, but it's so far gone in that story it might as well be fiction he is trying to pass off.

DaggerOfCompassion

Aug 16, 2010
klaynexas3 said:
so, there's this kid who rides my bus, and one of my friends is also friends with the dude. my friend kind of messes around with the kid, so i did i bit of the same. he tended to laugh at it a bit, cause it wasn't like name calling, i mean, we'd tell a racist joke or two, but it wasn't strictly on him, we did it to must people, even each other. we'd also say his name in like a funny way, nothing really discriminating, just in like a cuban accent(by the way, he's cuban). so, yesterday, this other guy on our bus, that morning had a poptart, and put it on the dudes head. now, the dude stabbed my friend in the arm first with a shank he made out of a pen, thinking it was him. then, in the afternoon, he try's to do the same to the kid that actually put the poptart on his head. the kid punches the dude in the face. now, they get off at the same stop, so on the poptart dudes way home, the cuban kid stabs him, with a knife, in the chest, and it punctures his lung. he's now in a lot of trouble. now, my friend says that us messing with him, isn't what caused it, but the counselor at our school says otherwise. anyway, i want to know, am i at fault here? did i pretty much stab the guy because i messed with this one kid just sort of joking with him? or do you think he was already messed up and just had bad anger issues? just as some more information, he has had some violent behavior before i even really met him.
Well obviously you were at fault. Not fully of course, your friends helped, but you sure did a lot.