Poll: Did You Vote For The Escapist?

Incompl te

Dec 13, 2008
So did you vote for The Escapist in the upcoming Webby Awards? It would be interesting to see how many people did and didn't. I did and I hope the Escapist wins the prize.

Good Luck Escapist!

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I did, the Escapist is so nice and asks so little, to vote here and there, to be nice to people and my blood for some reason.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
But of course! There's a shiny badge for this!!!

Oh, and The Escapist kicks ass, too...

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
The Escapist was the only one I voted for. How many times is Digg listed on that damn thing?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
ravensheart18 said:
Nope, given the strong feeling of many Escapists that it was wrong of Turbine to promote a web contest I decided to take their advice and not vote since it is unfair of Escapist to promote a contest they are in.
The Webbys site exsists for one thing, the webbys. There is no community that will be upset by you doing this. If there was I doubt they would be angery that you did something you were suppost to do.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Of all the sites I've been to, none other have been so chivalrous as The Escapist. I know where my vote lies...

You guys rock.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I hadn't hear of any other of those websites, and the name PantsoffDanceoff wasn't taken so I voted for the escapist.

Gnoya

Mar 28, 2009
No, sorry..

After seeing a very large part of the "Core" community venomously attack Turbine people for even showing up to vote in MM, really turned me off. Being a long time gamer as is my wife and watching many people rip apart other gamers just for supporting their Dev of choice and even their type of game (mmos,rpgs,fps,hello kitty island adventure)was pretty much inexcusable playground antics.

While the Escapist provides HOURS of entertainment, Those elements of the harsh and abusive community lets it down. ( that is not all people but far as i can tell a very large core of devote community members that figure new people don't have any rights...)

*background* Been reading and watching escapists various shows/clips for about a year, But not much of a forum poster at all. The supplied content is wonderful, but never needed a reason to register until MM. I'm hoping that some people will eventually learn that hey.. maybe we should just all play nice.. and karma for the rest..

Also yup.. my first post .. We all had a first post a some point in time...

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Yes I did. It's the only site I'd bother going through such an arduous registation process.