Poll: Digimon vs Pokemon

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I really enjoyed both Digimon and Pokemon, but if you had to force me into a decision I would probably go for Pokemon, just because my childhood was Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver. I have recently finished Digimon Story, and I must admit it is one of my favourite PS4 games.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
If you mean the shows I use to watch Digimon. Being a while since I watched any but I remember Digimon having more of plot and introducing new characters when it was done with one.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I like collecting monsters, so Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Dragon Warrior Monster etc > Digimon. Not that I hate Digimon as I watched the show till like, the third group, but you only get one monster, and that sucks.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Captain Marvelous said:
rcs619 said:
Since we're talking about series where the cast basically commanded and battled using cool (often giant) monsters, you know what show was pretty rad back in the day? Zoids. Zoids was great.
Oh god, I loved Zoids more then I loved Gundam, somehow. Giant robot animals firing rockets and just being awesome! I died a little when Zoids Saga DS didn't come to the west. I wonder when they're going to make another Zoids anime...
Eclipse Dragon said:
rcs619 said:
Since we're talking about series where the cast basically commanded and battled using cool (often giant) monsters, you know what show was pretty rad back in the day? Zoids. Zoids was great.
Yes. Then they tried to fuze and quickly realized that was a mistake and then blew up the entire planet and started from scratch (If you haven't seen Zoids Genesis, it's a pretty decent nostalgiafest), but I haven't heard peep about it since. I miss Zoids.
Over the past few years Zoids production has slowed since Tomy and Takara merged into Takara-Tomy. One thing that's done that is amazing are the Kotobukiya licensed model kits in the HighEnd Master Models(HMM) collection. They're probably not going to do another anime any time soon because Zoids Fuzors(or Zoids Blox in sensible countries) tanked the franchise with a new series that had worse animation than the previous two installments. Because of that no one paid attention to Zoids Genesis.

OT: I first remember Digimon hitting in the form of a Tamagotchi virtual pet spin-off for boys that could battle. Those coming a couple of years before pokemon landed state side. Ripping off Pokemon came after spinning-off from Tamagotchi style things. Then every virtual pet and it's pet dog ripped off Digimon, after they already ripped off Tamagotchi. I had both Tamagotchis and Digimon before pokemon came out, I knew far more girls who had both than boys who had either. Then again I knew far more girls with Gameboys and getting Pokemon Red and Blue one birthday kept me competitive with my female friends and the few guys who hung out with us... As we'd sit under shady trees battling, trading, chatting, and making fun of the idiot kids who ran around hurting themselves during recesses and lunch periods.

As for which I like better? I like Pokemon better as neither of the two anime series ever appealed to me, while the original Digimon games were console games that sucked. Digimon died to me the moment I got my hands on Pokemon Red and Blue on release day, my birthday, 1998. Those two games killed hundreds of dollars worth of AA a AAA batteries for me, even though we had a Buddy what's his face alkaline battery recharger. It got so bad my dad ended up getting me two 20 packs of rechargeable Nickel-metal Hydrate batteries which lasted all of 3 months. I loathed yellow when it came out because of the completely obnoxious level of Pikachu in it, especially the digitized "Pikachu!" that sounded every single time you started the game. Only played it because of widened range of pokemon to catch in one game and the substantial upgrade across the board in ever thing else. Pokemon Silver, Gold, and later Crystal were the games that made me fantastically happy I had 2 each of original Gameboys, Gameboy Pockets, and Gameboy Colors seriously all of the trading I had to do. Blah. Still love the franchise to this day, Digimon might as well not exist to me at this point though.