Poll: Do Gif Avatars Annoy You?

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I love gif avatars, they are funny to look at and it's not like you can't put your hand on the screen.

Rolf

Jul 13, 2009
Sometimes they annoy me. Usually if im trying to read something, but some of them are realy funny.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I much prefer .gif avatars to just standard pictures, much more interesting and if I didn't love my avatar so much it would definitely be a .gif .

What I really hate is no avatar, it's just bland and they help you start to recognise people around the site so I don't see why you wouldn't bother.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Mister Swift said:
Is it bad that I came to this thread looking for hilarious gif avatars?
Pretty much what i'm here for, I love a good .GIF had one as my avatar for quite a while now.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
Yes, but only a little. Generally if they're so flashy and over the top that they're distracting.

What's worse is massive signature lines. First thing I tend to do on a forum is disable signature lines.

WalkerHill

Sep 19, 2011
WELL, the gif is so great. You will be in trip in it. By the way, why my gif avatar don't move.

Apr 5, 2008
They used to, but the fun or tasteful ones are quite amusing so I don't mind them so much anymore. Some are still quite rubbish truth be told...the beauty of the still is that it's the pictorial equivalent to a single sentence; a small snapshot to separate ourselves, to give us each a unique "signature" or personality of sorts (for lack of a better term. You all know what I mean).

I think the one that convinced me is someone on this forum whose avatar is Sheldon from TBBT in the ball pond, popping up in a spray of colour. Even though there's no sound, I can hear the Bazinga. Whoever you are, it's bloody brilliant :) Also, I'm sure I saw this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fc8j_CTuYM&feature=player_detailpage#t=54s] in someone's profile, cracks me up every time.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
My ears are burning.

I voted for 'Very few of them ever bug me.' (GEDDIT?)

The thing about gifs is they tend to draw attention to your posts, im twice as likely to read a post with a gif in it than without and if the gif isn't obnoxious (fast, flashy, etc.) im twice as likely to respond calmly, I also generally recognise users with gif avatars far more frequently than I otherwise would though I do still often forget names.

jamez525

Wasting His Title
Oct 4, 2009
90% of people that reply to my posts are telling me my avatar is awesome, so no they don't annoy me. It's nice to know my manatee is brightening up peoples days.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Nouw said:
I've had a hilarious clown-soldier one
So, it was you! I was wondering where that avatar went.

OP: I like them, I tend to recognise users by their avatars rather than their user names and animated ones are more memorable. Fuck you, reading.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Only when they are really shitty and don't loop correctly.

I like it when the gif is boobies jiggling and stuff.