Poll: Do Girls Need Pickup Lines

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Me and a couple of my female friends were looking at funny pickup lines on the computer and I noticed a couple of ones for females. I asked my friends if they ever used pickup lines on guys and obviously they hadn't. It just makes me wonder if its harder for men to attract women then vice-versa.

EDIT: Since all you buggers seem to think the Pickup Line is a blight on society then I introduce you to this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.190291-Poll-Does-ANYONE-Need-Pickup-Lines

Feel free to Troll there.
(REASON FOR SARCASM FONT)

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Doubtful, However, as i am No expert on this, let's ask the Pyro, Pyro?

Pyro: Haunk yao, Hurmph Hurmph Hurra Hudda Hurda Hmmpph No.

Thank you Pyro.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008

In general. Obviously some men have an easier time attracting women than some women have attracting men, but in general I'd have to say it takes a lot more work for the man to pick somebody up than the woman. Blame years of gender roles for that.

Emberwolf

Mar 7, 2010
See, I have actually used a pickup line on a guy before- and it worked.
Speaking from my own experience, I *have* had guys use cheesy pickup lines, and I liked it because it was funny. Didn't get them anywhere, but it gave me a laugh. I've also had a couple of guys try decent pickup lines- one worked, one didn't.
As with all things, I guess it differs from person to person.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Girls chat guys up? Were does this happen?

Seriously, without offending anybody, from what I have seen girls just seem to dress up and let guys choose, they then say yes or no, depending on there own tastes.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
No all a lady needs to do to make me love her is have the ability to make me laugh and also engage in awesome conversation. Their beauty is just a bonus to me it's a very good bonus but not one of my main points.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I've seen girls use chat up lines just once in my life, and it was in a blatantly ironic manner, both parties knew that chat up lines were not necessary, but went along with it, as far as I can tell, for the lulz.

rescuer86

Apr 12, 2010
Yeah, absolutely. But, real pick up lines, not the "Are those astronaut pants?" Variety. Why not? Cause women picking up men is a bad thing? According to whom? More power to ya, ladies. You see somethin you want, go for it.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
If they were trying to pick me up yes.

I don't like ditzy people and my view of attractive isn't the norm.

As well it actually all depends on the general ratio of boys to girls. If the girls vastly out number the men then the system would be reversed. As there are less of one sex in the environment the sex that outnumbers the other has to try harder to get them...

So... If there is 20 women for every man then the women would be more likely to have to try picking up men and vice versa. The sex that has choice generally tries less.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
WorldCritic said:
Seems like men fall for women easier than women for men.
Well, you can't beat millions of years of biological tradition in an afternoon...

danneloid

Apr 15, 2009
I can like someone on the first impression or dislike (first impression is always looks), but many times girls i like turn out to be total dimwits or girls i am not attracted to can talk to me for a bit and i start liking them more and more, so in the end yes they need to have a brain for me to like them or even touch them.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
It's not really about "pick up lines", it's more about relationships, personality types, etc...
It's way more complicated that "hey baby, cum here often".

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Does ANYONE need pickup lines?

"You must be tired, 'cause you've been running through my mind all night.

.........screaming."

THAT'S what I call a proper pickup line, thanks xkcd.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
No one needs pickup lines, male or female. Fact is, they don't work 90% of the time, and when they do it's because they're so obviously terrible the recipient realizes you have a sense of humor, and is attracted to that.

And by "pickup line," I mean anything other than a simple introduction.