Poll: Do You Change Your Avatar?

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
I don't change my avatar; not because I'm lazy or I don't know how, but because I like it. I really like it.

I notice that a few people change their avatar rather frequently, while some never change it. My question is this; if and when you change your avatar, why do you do it? Or rather, if you don't, why don't you?

Here's my story; originaly it was another picture completely, then I put up the entire picture of Soren (that didn't work) then I cut it down to the bust (my current avatar) and then I slapped a goatee on him for Halloween, then changed it back. I might have also put a tie on him at one point, but I'm not %100 on that. I only intend to change my avatar for Halloween, but if something I like comes up, I might change it a bit.

So...yeah. General discussion is encouraged, as well as funny stories. Apologies if this doesn't make sense.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
It's been tweaked for March Mayhem (It moves! Thanks Fanboy!) Otherwise I'm fine with it.

Might tweak it a bit when I find the time (and develop the skills) though.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
Well, at first I went through a few avatars (including:power armor, an atom, and a crappy personal one I did in paint), but the Termi-smiley is the one that stuck, and it was eventually animated by Fanboy.

I now only get my avatar tweaked during Council events.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I think I'm going to leave Master Kitty. I'll probably have it tweaked when the option is availible. It has currently been March Mayhemed so.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I used to, but I quite like Gadwin. I only changed it for MM, and I'll change it back soon after, if I remember.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Depends on the forum. On Keenspot, I changed semi-often. City of Heroes, once or twice (and back).

I can't see myself changing this avatar that much, though. I like MiB Ciel too much.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Rarely change my avatar, and when I do, it's global. I change it on every thing that I have an avatar on.

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
I change it every time I see something more interesting than my current avatar. So far this has happened once.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
I never change my avatar. I've found a pic I'm happy with, and I haven't seen anyone else with it so it gives me a sense of personality.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I've only changed it twice I think.
But they're always of the same adorable kitten.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I never change my Avatar. This is the only painting I've ever liked and altering it would just mutilate the original. (A shinny gold coin to the first mate who can identify said picture! /British accent).

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
I've changed it two or three times if I remember correctly. When I first got on the escapist it was a Protoss Zealot that was one of the standard ones already on the site. Then I changed it to my Xbox Live avatar when the new Live came out. Then I changed it to a Shark because that's what my name's about. I once photo shopped in a guy being eaten by the shark and the big ol' words "ZOMGSHARKZ" above it....but I thought it was too cluttered.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I've only changed mine once because the quality was bad, but that's it... My avatar is like my identity, if I change it then I feel weird.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I've changed the base picture once or twice, to try and get a sense of individuality when I've noticed people using my avatar, but not recently. Otherwise, I obviously change it with the Holiday Council, seeing as how I run the thing.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I changed it for March Mayhem, but I'm going to change it right back once it's done. I use this avatar on a few different sites so I'd feel kind of strange without it.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
I aint changing it, maybe for different forum events (eventually). The way I see it, my avatar is how people identify me.