Poll: Do you do any physical subscription services?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
So your hero and favorite user tippy2k2 just signed up for not one, but TWO different physical subscription services! "What the hell are you talking about and how in the world did you get so sexy?" I hear you ask yourself.

Well when I say physical subscription service (because I can't think of a better name for it), I'm referring to the setups where you give a company money and every month, they send you stuff (so stuff you actually keep, not like Gamefly or old school Netflix where you're just renting it). The most well known version of this I would guess is Loot Crate but there are many different companies that have latched onto this setup. Also, I'm this sexy due to confidence.

So a month ago, I signed up for "Loot Crate" because it was cheap, I LOVE geeky shit that I can proudly display at work, and it seemed fun. I got my first Crate a few days ago and I am very happy with it. For this month, I received a Batman Mug (shame I don't drink anything that needs a mug cause it's super sweet), a Jessica Jones figure, X-Files pencils, and a Stranger Things T-shirt.

The second service I signed up for because I'm curious about it is called "Short Par 4", which is a golf subscription service. Basically similar to Loot Crate except it's golf stuff (so Polos, Pants, Shoes, Hats, Golf Accessories, etc.). That service is a LOT more expensive though ($45 a month versus Loot Crates $15). I haven't gotten my first box for it yet but I have a hard time seeing myself sticking with it as a $45 gamble is a bit steeper than a $15 gamble. If I get a bad Loot Crate, it was $15 so I don't care but a bad SP4 box is $45.

So I'm curious if anyone else does these kind of things. Are you happy with it? Which ones do you do? Any you want to do but haven't for whatever reason? Do you wish you were as sexy as me (of course you do, dumb question, sorry)?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm on and off LootGaming, and I've thought about getting Blue Apron's freebies, but that's about it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Zero. I dont buy cat in a bag and i think it should be illegal to sell cats in bags.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'm subscribed to the physical edition of The Atlantic, that's the only one. Great magazine that is.

Apr 25, 2009
I'm fairly minimalist in the way I live and keep possessions, so I'm not particularly interested in a box of things I don't know and may only like one thing or two from. Nothing against the idea, just not for me.