Poll: Do you enjoy the start of a new school year?

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Second year of university means I can get out of my stupid summer factory job, therefore it's fantastic!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I'm not in school this semester, decided I'd be better served working full-time to save up a little money. I did enjoy watching all the snotty high school kids on my block piss and moan about having to get up at 5:30 to catch the bus, though.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Nah. Im on 9th grade this year and have to study harder to raise my grades..

Plus all the other stuff like waking up earlier and classes being boring.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I used to hate it. I'd end up in classes where I knew noone, but mostly because I got into a higher tier class than them. So I only usually got put into classes with good friends when I completely failed at the subject.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
To be honest, I was supposed to be doing Business Studies at Uni this year, at the campus I'd spent a year at already and loved. I was looking forward to going back, but I've been offered a place on Law at a different campus at the other side of town and now I'm dreading going back because finding your way around a new campus is daunting.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I have to get up at fucking 6 am to catch my bus, so it sucks.
Then again, there are people there who I haven't yet told to fuck themselves in one way or another, so 'tis as good a time as any other.

Taern

Dec 22, 2008
Not really. I'm going into Grade 10, and I'm a horrible student. This is the first year I seriously need to work, or fail.

Zero-Vash

Apr 1, 2009
Back in middle and high school I hated it. But now that I'm in college I love the start of school

gundargundar

Oct 4, 2009
School starts for me on tuesday. sad face sad face
I don't really mind it, it gives me a chance to meet new people.
but it also means waking up before noon

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Not really that much. It's a bit jolting, but in about one week I'm used to it again. Seeing as I only have one day left...:(

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Well, I haven't been in school for a very long time, but when I was, I hated starting a new school.

There was always the scramble to be in the right place at the right time. Getting up early again after a summer of sleeping in. Then just having to be there when I would have rather spent my days enjoying myself.

I hated it.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
Starting the Sixth Form this year, so it'll be different. Kind of looking forward to it, because I've dropped all the shit GCSE subjects and can concentrate on stuff I enjoy.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Communist partisan said:
School already started.... In Sweden, BOOOOoooo!
Cheer up. At least you don't have to figure out where the fucking tangent line hits the slope. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative]. Oh wait, I was actually looking forward to that. Figures.

OT: I was looking forward to this year since we got a lot more interesting subjects this year and of the abscence of incompetent teachers.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I think it would have been fine, were it not for the school uniform. I had a burning hatred of that whole institution. Always looked forward to meeting teachers again, though.

I'm finished now. And looking forward to my further education [if I get offered a place, that is]. The idea of being treated like a human being whilst going about your studies sounds like bliss.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
FargoDog said:
No. I just started one at a new school and I've had to get up before eight in the morning. I know, totally horrifying. Once I get into the swing of things I should be okay, though.

Although, if one more god damn child mentions my accent I'm burning the place down.
Your accent is awesome. Just sayin'.

Anywho, I actually do, but I'm getting into subjects that actually interest me, so go figure.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Well I voted can't wait, but that is because I'm going to university for the first time this October, and I'm pretty damn excited about it. The only other time I felt excited was my first day of school, and my first day of secondary school.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
im entering transition year at a new school and im dreading it, its kind of like a bording school,im away from my home/computer/playstation for 5 days during the week.
last year was my junior cert which i spent most of my time studying for and i didn't do half the things i hoped i would,i was so relieved that the studying was over and now schools just around again ,and the worst thing is all the friends i spent getting to know over the last 3 years i won't get to see them again.because summer was my last chance to meet up (and maybe par-take in a little underage drinking and what ever else, what did you expect im irish) but its over now.:')