Poll: Do you game with music or without it?

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
It depends on the game. In games with lot's of travel then yes, if it's more story driven then no. I also listen to music when on multiplayer.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Most of the games I play have soundtracks I like, so I'm usually okay with just listening to them. If it's a game with sparse music, though, I'll usually listen to something on my iPod as I play.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
I pretty much only play Multiplayer games, and I can't listen to music in those as I need to hear gunshots, footsteps, leaves crunching, and so on.

Whenever I play a single player game for a while, I also don't listen to music for the same reasons as multiplayer games" I need to hear the enemy.

Erisnas

Sep 10, 2009
Depends on the game/music/situation. I have always loved having some rock going whilst playing a few long campaign sessions of halo or gears of war with friends. However, I could never really get into it in some games and don't enjoy it for multiplayer.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Most games yeah. Online games YEAH. For single player games that I actually care about getting a full experience from, I usually either don't have music playing or just have quiet music playing

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Video Games developers don't spend good money on Orchestral soundtracks jsut so I can play the Bucky O'Hare theme over them.

Then again, Yakko's "Nations of the World" song did enhance my enjoyment when playing the Darth Vader portion of Force Unleashed.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFQG4094qrs[/link]
I mean, imagine throwing Wookees and Storm Troopers to this music?

blackfrancis567

Oct 18, 2008
Very rarely do I listen to music while gaming unless it's the music in the games. Games like Tekken I listen to music through but games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I wouldn't since there is good ambient sounds that help the immersion

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
No, because I have to be able to hear whenever my mum is yelling for me.

Er... and, atmosphere, and stuff.

m15t4k3n

Sep 8, 2009
Not really, but Quake IV or Doom 3 were awesome with Bloodbath (Nightmares Made Flesh).

CD repo man

Sep 10, 2009
i love to have music blaring as im shooting down hordes of [insert enemy here]. Especially in killing floor because as cool as the music is the first time you play a map, it gets old quick and shuffle helps break up the monotony.
Although when i played resident evil 4, the music kinda drowned out the dialogue in the cutscenes...not that it really mattered, but still annoying to hear two things going off at once.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I put the volume on the TV up a bit, quite audible, and pump some music in the soft undercurrents, kinda like a sussurus, but with actual sound.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
usually game soundtrack.

Sometimes my own with the game muted. (never for re4, the music helps alot).

In civ 4 you can go to sound options and input all the music you want.