Poll: Do you have a girlfriend?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Seventeen, and no. And not interested until I have a steady job.
That's what I said. And then I got a steady job and I realized I just couldn't be bothered to go looking. Maybe not the case with you, of course.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
lacktheknack said:
Seventeen, and no. And not interested until I have a steady job.
That's what I said. And then I got a steady job and I realized I just couldn't be bothered to go looking. Maybe not the case with you, of course.
I'm a closeted hopeless romantic. So...

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Iron Criterion said:
Brad Shepard said:
well, i had a crush on this girl for the longest time (3 fing years) and when i finaly asked her out, things where good for a while, but we only went on ONE real date, and her dad was there so i dont think it counts, every other time we hung out it was either at church or at the fing Library. most of her friends hated me because "I wasent good enough for her" even though i am a nice guy, always offered to pay for stuff, held the door open for her, you know, nice guy stuff. there was only ONE of her firends that liked me, and it turns out she liked liked me (SOrry to use a 2nd grader phrase) and i started talking to her, even danced with her at my prom (Shes hot!) well, the 2nd year rolled around and i was getting just damn sick of it, every time i asked if she could hang out, it was either
A: im to busy
B: im already hanging out with someone else
or C, and this is the one that pissed me off the most : no

well, her firend's Birthday party rolls around, and her firend, being a sweetheart (Ill explain in a moment) told me she was making fun of me behind my back (My GF, not the friend) and i got pissed, and i mean pisssed off to the point where i broke a wall at my own house (Ive been made fun of all my life, and i thought i could trust her, she was calling me her slave and shit like that...) . but the worst part was that she never listen to me whatsoever, we talked like, every night, but she was always reading or shit like that and she said maybe 4 words the whole damn time. But i tried to give it a week, because it was a sunday and i was trying to wait to break up with her face to face, but i just said fuck it and called her up and told her we where done. and heres the silver lining of that im going out with her best friend now :D and thats going on a year and a half and shes amazing!
Ah right, don't worry dude I think we've all been in that situation - women can be cruel manipulative creatures. But kudos on the new successful relationship.
:D thanks, oh, one of the best things about my GF is shes a gamer too, which rocks out loud!

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I am sad to say, no. Never had, whenever I ask someone or plan to ask someone out they always say "No" or though my horrible luck, move to another school the day I planned to ask them out(WHY ME?WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHTYWHYWHYWHYWH).

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Stupid broad broke up with me when I told her I was severely depressed. Thanks for leaving when I needed you.
I've since realized that you can count on no one.

And I laugh at her new boyfriend every day. He's one of those starving emo guys that can get the shit beat out of them by their girlfriend.

scoobyduped

Apr 6, 2008
Khaiseri said:
I'm going to ask "someone" to be my girlfriend tomorrow, just before going into vacations for two weeks.
Just a word of advice: if you're about to go on vacation for two weeks, I'd suggest waiting until you get back to ask her. Being relatively unavailable for two weeks doesn't seem like the best way to start a relationship.

OT: I've had a couple, but don't have one currently. They were both good while they lasted, but the breakups were sorta awkward, because I shared (and still share, I guess) a lot of friends with both of them

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
Never. Couldn't bring myself to ask. Also, what are the girls supposed to say? Shouldn't the question be gender-neutral?
Sometimes I think life would be easier if I were a lesbian, but I somehow don't think that's what the OP was going for.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Nope. Never had one. I'm 19 for the record. Let the taunting - begin!!
I am 22 and I have had a girlfriend.

On Topic: Dating and having a girlfriend just doesn't appeal to me. Getting that close to someone is risk that can either end in heartbreak or happiness. I am not the type to take risks.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Nope. Was going to ask one out, but then I decided to stop giving a damn. Every time I tried to ask her out, something would come up. I'm not happy, but meh, it's not much of a change. I've stopped thinking about her for the past week. Pretty good considering how long I've had a crush on her.

Stu1701

Jun 29, 2009
I do have a girlfriend. She's awesome. She's cute, great personality, great sense of humor, and she shares my near psychotic love of Star Trek. I'm the luckiest son of a ***** on Earth.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
megaman24681012 said:
I've never had a girlfriend and never went on ANY date of any kind. It wasn't until recently that More than one girl has ever socialized with me for more than 10 seconds. (I'm 15 BTW)

My love life sucks. :(
I wouldn't be beating yourself up like that, being fifteen sucks enough. Once you get a car and some freedom, life gets a little more fun
Tharwen said:
Fantastic. You make this thread exactly when I'm in an extremely depressive mood about this very topic. I'll just be off to cut myself now...
Not if you go watch Amazing Horse over and over, really always makes me smile
Milky_Fresh said:
Fuck that. Been there, don't want more.
Besides, I have video games!
Can't say I'd blame you, most girls I dated just made me want to give up dating
Insanum said:
Used too, And now im not too fussed. Im not "not looking", im just not desperate.
I'm gonna say I'm in the same boat as you, the not not looking but still not overly active in a search
Altaries said:
I think I did pretty good for a gamer,right?
I must ask what? For a gamer? Are you saying we're all lonely desperate individuals. Really I must know what you mean.

Oh great quoted five people, I'm an idiot

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
gf no. Bf of almost a year is a gamer as well he also shares my love of metal music, anime, plus has a snarky sense of humor

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
Yeah I've got a girlfriend, she loves star trek, star wars, guild wars and batman...Need i say more?