Poll: do you have any gay or lesbian friends?

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
Let's see, well me and my best friend are both LGB (B and G respectively), another friend is bi, and I hope that another guy friend is either gay or bi. So yes.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I don't think I have any friends that are gay, but I do have relatives that are.

Mar 9, 2010
Went out with a bi girl. Used to be close friends with a gay guy. Know a bi guy. Close friends with a bi girl.

So, yeah. I don't see why it matters all that much who they like to be with.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
I do have a few friends of both if it can be said like that. And I enjoy talking to lesbian girls most of all because most seem to be a lot more open and less inhibited, I've had more fun talking to one about stupid things for an hour more than I've had talking with any of my gfs.

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
I have many friends, one of which I know Is gay, two of which are bisexual .. I think. Otherwise I don't know and frankly don't care.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
burntheartist said:
I live near Washington, DC. So as a straight white male I can say I have 'some black friends' and 'some gay friends' without getting that 'closet bigot' glare from people.

Hey, stop doing that! They said it was okay. Seriously! No!!

But really, yeah I have quite a few homosexual and bi friends and frequently help them fight the good fight. To be in the 21st century in the US and we still can discriminate against someone for a lifestyle choice that doesn't hurt anyone... Man it's shameful.
I'm sorry for this, your heart is in the right place, and fighting for gay rights is a great thing to do. But being gay or bisexual is not a lifestyle choice. Sorry, that choice of words irked me.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
I've know a few, lesbian, gay and bi. I don't often make friends with people, regardless of anything because it's easier to keep people as aquaintances. I have my 3 or 4 friends and I'll hang out with anyone they know by extension.

I used to be friends with a guy in upper school who actually came out to me, which was an odd experience. After school ended I pretty much lost contact with everyone there though which is a shame because alot of them, including that guy, were cool people to have a laugh with.

S

SaKenyi

I do know a few gay people. Quite closely, as a matter of fact. Two of those being family, one my uncle, the other my flamboyant nephew. Some of my friends are gay as well, they might possibly be the most hilarious guys in my town too.

I also know a few lesbians, most of them just being acquaintances, that is.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
one of my best friends are bi but im pretty sure that counts
and im a little curious my self,not geneticly, but purely a phiscal thing

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
No, but I have one friend who's bisexual, but that doesn't bother me. I don't think of her as being bisexual, she's just a person.

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
Sort of. Two girls who I'd count as friends but not close friends, more like past friends who've drifted to the friendly acquaintance status due to reasons unrelated to the following. I heard they're bisexual but lean more towards being straight, they both have boyfriends.

Another friend was acting blatantly gay towards my closest male friend. I'm not sure if he was joking or not. He flirts with other guys too. I'd get jealous if it meant he didn't pay attention to me as much as he usually does.

I find it kind of cute in a way.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
niege said:
Me and my best friend are both bisexualls.
That strikes me as oddly irrelevant, seeing as how everyone and their mum seems to be bisexual these days :p ANd bisexual hardly counts as gay or lesbian.

I have a fair few gay friends. Off the top of my head I can think of about 3 who are close to me, and several others I don't see as much. I go to a very open minded school, so bullying based on sexual orientation is pretty much unheard of, hence there's probably a higher proportion of gay/lesbian students. Not sure about trans gender, but I suppose it'd be even less of a conversation piece :p