Poll: do you have any gay or lesbian friends?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Only know one gay guy, and he's a thoroughly miserable and not very bright bastard. So I steer clear of him.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
ooh lesse here....my brother is gay his boyfriend is bi (preffers boys) my best friend is a lesbian, my second best friend is either bi or trans, my boyfriend is genderqueer and bisexual, and I'm a bisexual transsexual. So....yeah, I think I have the entire fabulously fruity rainbow covered :3

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Nope, don't know any + here gays are treated kinda bad(well no one hates them, but over 78% of the population is homophobic I think)

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I know a gay guy who is 'normal' for want of a better term. You would never know he was gay until he told you. I know another gay guy who is more camp (he would describe a cheesecake as "to die for"), but he's a laugh and quite a nice bloke. He does occasionally like to say stuff that makes all of us straight guys feel really awkward for a laugh, which is pretty funny, really.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I was pals with someone all the way through secondary school who turned out to be gay.
We make jokes about one of my friends "orientation", seeing as she can be kind of secretive about relationships, but I only have one proper gay buddy.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
I have a few friends that are bi then some that are "bi" e.g. they fake it. It pisses me off when people do that.

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
I have known gay people but they have all been over the top dramatic gays.

On the subject since people have said it in here, Im Gay, i wear girls clothes, i wear make up and i have long hair. I am often mistaken for a girl. Explaining this online makes people automatically assume i am a huge flamer.

I admit i may have my moments, but i do not go around acting like being gay is all there is to my life. Plus considering many people find 'flaming' gay people annoying, why alienate yourself by doing it.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Online, sure.
Although I guess "friends" might be stretching it. I don't really talk to them much.
I guess maybe aquaintances might work better.

I also know some bisexual dudes, if that counts. Also online.

Offline, I know of a gay guy. I used to know him in primary school. I found out years later by hearsay.
In hindsight, it seems pretty obvious.

That's about the extent of it.

By the way, OP, I feel I should point out that the only difference between straight people and gay people is what gender they are into.
Don't make a big fucking deal about it. Judge the kid on his own merits.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
I know one gay kid who's kind of my friendly enemy (I don't hate him and we make fun of each other), and another who is friends with this girl I hang out with, so he's my friend in the most basic of ways.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I have one friend who is a lesbian, and quite a lot who are bisexual.

My lesbian friend is my ex girlfriend, but she came out about 3 years after we broke up. Don't really know whether to call her my friend any more anyway. Never talk to her, and she's such a drama queen it's untrue.