Poll: Do you kiss with your eyes open or closed?

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Shock, horror, I don't do it at all. Not all of us are lucky enough to be attractive to the sex we find arousing. I, personally, look like an acid-burned troll.
Women aren't looking just for looks.

Har har word choice.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Shock, horror, I don't do it at all. Not all of us are lucky enough to be attractive to the sex we find arousing. I, personally, look like an acid-burned troll.

Har har word choice.
The implication being that I have any sort of desirable personality. Clearly false.
They aren't just looking for personality either.

:p

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
krazykidd said:
The question is in the title . Do you kiss with your eyes opened or closed? And why?

I got the idea for this thread because i kiss with my eyes open and my gf finds that a bit weird. And because i can't be the only one, since there can never only be one ( except in the highlander) i was wondering who else does this.

I kiss with my eyes open simply because i like to see who i am kissing , although , if me and the girl i am kissong both have our eyes open it does feel awkward.

Your turn
Kind of both. I take a few glances at my girlfriend because I like her face, but I also love the passionate feeling of just having our lips together.

Zerazar

Aug 5, 2010
I generally don't kiss, on grounds of being forever alone, so my take on this matter is probably not relevant, but since this is the internet and you can't stop me from spreading my unqualified opinion, here goes:

Closed. You have to be really rather close to be kissing, and at that distance my eyes and brain hurt if I try to look at anything.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:

Har har word choice.
The implication being that I have any sort of desirable personality. Clearly false.

They are looking for money.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Ando85 said:
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:

Har har word choice.

Naw.

Just confidence. Generally men are confident because of their looks, their personality, or money. (And quite a few other things)

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Hafrael said:
Ando85 said:
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Hafrael said:
RAKtheUndead said:

Har har word choice.

Naw.

Just confidence. Generally men are confident because of their looks, their personality, or money. (And quite a few other things)
Aye that does make sense. I never thought about that before. I was semi-joking when I said money.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Eyes closed. I've done it with eyes open before, too see what it was like, but it weirded my ex out. Who kisses with their eyes open?! That's creepy.

Oh, and there are a hell of a lot of foreveralones here...

SpydersByte

Nov 4, 2011
RAKtheUndead said:
SpydersByte said:
To those posting the "forever alone" or "I've never kissed anyone" crap, I have a question:

...then why are you replying?! You have nothing to contribute (obviously), you're adding nothing but spam and expecting what? Sympathy? If so, do you need some fresh baked cookies to make you feel all warm inside?

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh but that's like someone posting a question about World of Warcraft and me replying "Dunno, never played it." Waste of my time, the readers time, and the minute amount of space it takes up on the page.

Go work up the nerves to get a kiss if it bothers you enough to bother us with your needless post, it's not hard in the slightest bit.
I'd like to ask a counter-question: Why do you persist in gloating about your romantic success and making us feel bad? Surely that's more insidious and unnecessary than our posts.

And then you have the sheer gall to post your offensive "man-up"-style comment at the end. You have no knowledge of me. It is more than just hard for me to receive a kiss. It is downright impossible. For me to receive any sort of romantic satisfaction is a profound violation of logic and sense.
First, why am I replying? Because I actually had an opinion based on actual experiences, you know, kind of like what the OP wanted.

Next, I didn't gloat, I asked why people who haven't kissed anyone responded at all, as they can't answer the question in the first place.

Lastly, the man-up-style comment at the end? Sometimes that's what it takes... Your post was self-deprecating and I don't care if you're 9'10" and have a basketball-sized pimple right over your unibrow, everyone can find a girl. It simply takes more searching for some than it does for others, that's all.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I kiss with my eyes closed, but I've seen pictures of me and my husband kissing in which his eyes are half-open (half-closed?). Others have his eyes closed. So for him it depends. For me, closed. Mostly. I'm sure I've done it with open eyes, too.

How does your gf know you kiss with your eyes open if she closes hers? Did she see it on pictures too?

saucecode

Jul 30, 2011
Closed. The gets boring after a while, so i play this game with myself, where I try and alternate having one eye closed (i have 2 eyes) for as long as much as possible. It actualy kinda distracts me from whoever I be kissin'.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Staring at the bridge of someone's nose isn't terribly appealing to me, and losing one sense heightens the others, so closed.

Mind you, that's if it's on the mouth kissing we're talking about here...

Although even then, I think you have to mix things up a bit, because being flat out stared at in any context where intimacy is involved is just plain offputting... =P

theartknife

Sep 13, 2010
neither! i kiss with my mouth!

hah. i am now the funniest man ever.

also, how does the GF know that you're kissing with your peepers open unless she is also having a glimpse about the place? If she is an eyes-closed-make-outs kind of person, i can only assume that either she is watching your kissey times with OTHER people or maybe filming your makeout sessions for future reference.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
I'd like to ask a counter-question: Why do you persist in gloating about your romantic success and making us feel bad? Surely that's more insidious and unnecessary than our posts.
Holy shit man.

You really need to get over the fact that relationships are a shared experience. Almost every person partakes in them, and so they're a pretty easy topic of conversation.

You go on almost every single topic related even slightly to relationships that I see to remind us all that you find yourself unlikable. This is akin to someone asking "Do you guys prefer Skyrim or Saints Row 3?" and getting the response "Wow, asshole, I'm too poor to afford games! How dare you ask me that!"

Simply because you're not involved in something doesn't mean we're all gloating because we are and discuss it.