Poll: Do you like Halo?

US Trooper

Aug 3, 2009
I like the game but I can't stand deovted halo multiplayers. no offense, but those guys just really take the fun out of multiplayer

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
Syphous said:
I liked the first one. No idea how it became such a phenomenon though.
It was, as far as I'm aware, the first really successful console shooter. Had great graphics and sound(at the time), enjoyable multiplayer, and it fit what had been a PC-specific genre onto a simple controller. I think that it was the first to do the "carry two weapons" thing. Now think of how many games do that and you can see how far the roots have spread.

Klopy

Nov 30, 2009
Eh. I like it, and I don't. Its slower and more 'fair' than CoD, movement is easier, and friends are more willing to play it.

The first game was amazing. Second was great with its fixes and new material. Halo 3 and onward never really clicked with me. 3 seemed too much like the previous because it didn't really add anything to it. ODST didn't add anything other than a boring story that took place in flashbacks. From the few matches I played of, Reach was alright. They added the new material for multiplayer, and I like that. Single player didn't feel new though. The whole game doesn't feel like it makes up for the fodder that was created between Halo 2 and Reach.

Second reason why I dislike Halo; there's a good chance that someone is going to comment back and argue obscure points for the game. 'Graphics were improved! that makes it better!' 'New maps for multiplayer!' Feh.

TL;DR - Overexposure to Halo will make me hate it. Playing it with friends every other month or so will keep me on good terms with it.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
I love CE, H2, and H3. I like ODST and Reach. Reach doesn't come nowhere close to Halo 2 and Halo 3 status of awesomeness. Reach isn't bad though, its just not as fun.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I like it except I hated the whole covenant civil war in the story. Personally I'm quite fond of killing elites and far prefer it to fighting brutes. Also I think a Halo RTS on the PC would be good, as soon as Microsoft recognizes that the 360's controller is not a keyboard and mouse.

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
I've only played Halo 1,2,& 3.
I like Halo's story more than anything, but I'm a sucker for mysterious, advanced technology left over from a long gone, highly advanced race. I also love Halo's sticky grenades and human & Covenant tanks.

Halo 1 introduced the Halo universe to us, but its repetitive corridors got boring. The Flood killed the rest of my interest in it. They were just too annoying. I doubt I played half of it before quitting.

Halo 2 was fun. I enjoyed playing all the way through & learning more about the Covenant & Halo rings. Graphics were pretty sweet too, (and were even better on the 360). Flood wasn't as annoying. (Either that, or the story was so good the Flood didn't seem as annoying.)

Halo 3 had awesome graphics & finished the interesting story from Halo 2. Flood levels were mostly annoying, but the rest of the game was so enjoyable I bothered trudging through them.

northeast rower said:
Syphous said:
I liked the first one. No idea how it became such a phenomenon though.
It was, as far as I'm aware, the first really successful console shooter. Had great graphics and sound(at the time), enjoyable multiplayer, and it fit what had been a PC-specific genre onto a simple controller. I think that it was the first to do the "carry two weapons" thing. Now think of how many games do that and you can see how far the roots have spread.
GoldenEye 007 on the N64 did everything you mentioned, except possibly for having great graphics. They were fuzzy, (as were all N64 games,) but it did have a smooth frame rate. Halo was the 1st to do all that on the Xbox. Halo did everything GoldenEye did, but did it with next gen graphics & sound, as well as being able to play with even more people over a network. That's probably what made it so popular.

Fawful

Dec 7, 2010
I like Reach and the Legends anime thing, Halo:CE and 3=meh and Halo 2 was horrible.

Overall, sure, I like Halo.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
My Halo experience:

Me: "Hmm... I'd like to try Halo, but the last time I played, it wasn't any fun."

Friend: "I'll show you how to play! Don't worry, I'll teach you a few tricks. It'll be fun!"

Me: "Okay, sounds good!"

Friend and his buddies: "Hey, it's a new player! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT!"

ME: "I hate this game."

So yeah, I've never been able to get into it. Seemed fun, just not my thing.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I like it to an extent, it's moderately fun when I play with another person,
but overall, it doesn't hit my 'OMGWOW!!!'mark.

I think when people rage about it and hate it, it's more about the fan-boys/girls, then anything.

Because damn it, they sure can be annoying.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I love the Halo series, including the expanded universe (books mostly). It's actually fleshed out quite well if you get into it.

Though I must admit I hate most Halo players in multiplayer, what with it attracting the whiny 12-year old and fratboy meathead teabagger demographics.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I love Halo. I love it very much so, I've played every Bungie made Halo game and found something about each one that I really enjoyed. I loved the story, themes, characters and action. I have many fond memories of playing it with friends on custom made maps and I go crazy playing Halo: Reach on Xbox Live.

Is it perfect, no. But nothing is, as it stands it's a good solid trilogy with a well thought out lore and it's a lot of fun to play consistently with me.