Poll: do you like punk-rock?

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
so basically there's a new unknown group i've recently heard on live at 2 blocks from where i live, and i kinda liked it, for me it was kind of some Brit rock, but for amateurs it is not bad and out here there are lots of bullcrap groups that sounds all the same...

Updated on 11/05/10:

here's the site where you can get freely their album or hear it entirely online, it also have their lyrics, check it out and please state what you think about it!

http://lasrobertas.bandcamp.com/

for those who are curious (the singer is the blond girl, the batterist is on the left)

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
The only punk bands i considered PUNK were Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink 182. But i've grown out of Punk and moved on.

Dec 14, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
The only punk bands i considered PUNK were Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink 182. But i've grown out of Punk and moved on.
Those 3 bands are punk-rock, not really true punk like the Sex Pistols, the Buzzcocks, the Clash etc.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Perhaps

You see, I tend to like music because I find it good, not because of its Musical Genre, although I do listen to Green Day (With a Preference to their more 'Punk Rock' Songs)

I guess you could say I like some Punk-Rock, but not enough to try a band just because they're Punk-Rock

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
I like some Rise Against songs but I'm not sure if they are Punk-Rock or not. Other than that, I'm not into Punk-Rock that much.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Punk rock was the first type of music i liked, then came a little angel i like to call HEAVY METAL!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
frankly i don't care which style the music is being played as long as it makes me tickles and i dig the rythm it's allright for me.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Punk rock doesn't really apeal to me. When it does its usually the rebellous lyrics or more upbeat style.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Yes, yes i do. Now excuse me while i bang my head into a wall for fun. WHOOOOOO!

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I personally love me some punk-rock. It's a fantastic genre which spawned a number of fantastic bands, ie. Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Husker Du, The Sex Pistols, etc., and whose influence is seen throughout numerous genres of music.
SnootyEnglishman said:
Those bands aren't punk rock... at all. They're Pop-Punk, a sub genre of punk. They have punk elements in their music, but calling them "Punk Rock" is inaccurate.

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
I think this poll needs the negative equivalent to Fuck Yeah in the options, like Fuck NO! Why do I have to be so polite to express my distaste? Can't stand it. Give me metal over punk rock any day.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
braincore02 said:
I think this poll needs the negative equivalent to Fuck Yeah in the options, like Fuck NO! Why do I have to be so polite to express my distaste? Can't stand it. Give me metal over punk rock any day.
your wish is my bidding.

Generator

May 8, 2009
The Ramones are punk-rock, correct? They're pretty good. I like a few other too, but I wouldn't really call it my genre of choice, generally speaking.