Poll: Do you look at yourself in the morning?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Yes, to ensure my hair is functional - nothing more fun than the class sass lick-slicking your hair tufts down in the morning. >__<

Plus, I sleep across the room from a mirror. So there's that.

I don't do it long, though. I'm prone to the Bloody Mary effect.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I'll have to.

Going to start on HRT very soon and I pretty much shave myself every single morning. Next to brushing my teeth and combing my hair.

Even if my negative self image makes things only worse >.>

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Yeah, I mean, if nothing else there's a mirror above the sink in my bathroom so when I wash my hands after the morning ablutions it's hard not to catch a sneak peak at that sexy, sexy mug. Isn't that how most bathrooms are set out?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
maninahat said:
What you're seeing is actually one of the Neverborn, probably trapped in the mirror, trying to force its way out into our world through your consciousness. See your mind is mentally incapable of seeing and understanding what a Neverborn looks like, and only through repeated length gazing into its realm can your mind slowly deteriorate enough to glimpse it.

And then you're lost. With eyes being windows to the soul and you being able to actually see one of them, it can possess you instantly and trap your soul in the mirror, doomed forever to watch and scream in silence.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Silentpony said:
maninahat said:
What you're seeing is actually one of the Neverborn, probably trapped in the mirror, trying to force its way out into our world through your consciousness. See your mind is mentally incapable of seeing and understanding what a Neverborn looks like, and only through repeated length gazing into its realm can your mind slowly deteriorate enough to glimpse it.

And then you're lost. With eyes being windows to the soul and you being able to actually see one of them, it can possess you instantly and trap your soul in the mirror, doomed forever to watch and scream in silence.
Oh good, I was worried it would be something weird.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
I like to start everyday staring at the mirror, naked, while flexing every muscle in my body as hard as I can and saying out loud "Damn, look at those muscles! And I ain't even flexing!"

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I can go weeks without looking at my face in a mirror. I avoid it in the morning by waking up late enough that I skip brushing my teeth for fear of being even later to work than usual. I avoid it in the evening by never turning the light on in the bathroom (because why bother?), so I can't see myself except for a shadowy silhouette. There's a mirror in my bedroom but I can't see my face in it unless I'm sitting down in front of it, which I never do. Other than the occasional incidental glance the only time I properly look at myself in the mirror is probably when I shave, which is fairly infrequent due to ongoing laziness.

Not to say that I'm deliberately avoiding it, but there isn't much reason to look at myself either.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
As I gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into me.

I question my very existence as I gaze into the polished glass, wondering if the image before me is real, or that if even I, am real. Are my experiences truly valid? Do I only exist now in this moment? Or is even that a lie?

That's generally what I get when I look into a mirror. I tend to avoid the experience unless I'm actually doing something like my hair.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Yea, before and after every shower. Hard to symmetrically trim the beard without it and good for not walking out with a Something about Mary hairstyle. Plus a nice gauge as to how good/badly my diet is going because I don't own a scale.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Happyninja42 said:
Yes, it's required for the grooming process. If I don't, especially after getting out of the shower, I have, as my wife puts it Super Sayan hair. Still working on how to make it turn gold on command though
Maybe your best friend needs to explode.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Kind of. I've got to fix my hair before I go to work, because I always look like I'm in severe withdrawal from copious amounts of hard drugs in the mornings. But I'm not really paying attention. Someone could have put lipstick on me in my sleep, and I wouldn't notice when I'm taming my hair.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Of course, but I'm so gorgeous I get lost in my own eyes for hours, it's why I'm always late for work.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Poetic Nova said:
I'll have to.

Going to start on HRT very soon and I pretty much shave myself every single morning. Next to brushing my teeth and combing my hair.

Congrats on getting HRT!(Assuming you're trans, well even so, if you need it, congrats!)

OT: Strangely enough, if I'm not planning on going out, then I don't really check myself. Seriously I can look right in the mirror and ignore my self when doing other stuff. But if I do plan to go out, then yes. Put on make up, style my hair, use the full length mirror to check my outfit is all correct, like my petticoat isn't showing and my skirt is falling correctly. Otherwise if I'm not working on the presentation I'm going to show the world, then I don't even bother paying attention to my reflection. When I'm out and about though, I do a quick self check every time there's a mirror or reflective surface.

moggett88

May 2, 2013
Nope - I usually shower (which fogs up the mirror) then brush my teeth while I perch on the edge of the sink (which puts my back to the mirror). Not a conscious effort not to see myself, just a happy coincidence :)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Yes, I do, and it's causing me a bit of confusion lately.

Namely, I've changed more in the past 2 years than I did in the previous 15-20. I've somehow managed to look almost exactly the same since around 14 up until, say, 28. And I mean identical, to the point where I was mistaken for a high schooler or at best a college freshman well into my late twenties. But in the past 2-3 years I finally managed to put on some weight (as in, I went from 60kg to 70kg), grew a beard, started wearing my hair shorter. All this, along with a bunch of minor changes resulted in me occasionally not recognizing myself in the mirror, at least at first.

Don't get me wrong, the changes are for the better, and they have had a positive effect on me, mainly on my confidence. But it's somewhat unsettling to look in the mirror and seeing a stranger there. Sometimes it takes me a few seconds to realize it's me I'm looking at. I just hope I get used to it soon, it's annoying...

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Poetic Nova said:
I'll have to.

Congrats on getting HRT!(Assuming you're trans, well even so, if you need it, congrats!)
I am, and thank you very much!
If you want to speak to me in more detail about it (if you want to know more in the first place that is), I wouldn't mind it over PM's.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
One of my bedroom walls is a mirror. I don't mean that as hyperbole, I'm serious. My bedroom has a large built-in wardrobe and the sliding doors are mirrored, very nearly wall to ceiling, that take up a whole wall (incidentally the same wall where the main door to the hallway is). Windows on the right, bookcase on the left, bed opposite.

So I wake up and see myself in the mirror every morning. That's not even counting the mirror in the bathroom, right above the basin...

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Everyday as I have longer than normal hair and also wash my upper body every morning.