Poll: Do you LOVE the taste of beer?

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I can't stand the taste of beer. Not any of the kinds I've tried anyway (which admittedly, isn't a large amount).

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Yes, I actually far prefer the taste of a good beer to hard liqueur. Too each their own though, cheers.

Simon Leonhart

Jan 4, 2010
There should be more button's based on the different types of beer. For instance I live off dark beer, but I hate drinking anything lighter than an amber.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
MaxChaos said:
All depends on the situation.

At 5 in the morning, on the third day of drinking, I'd prefer something a bit... fruitier.

On a summer's afternoon, with the sun beating down and Of Montreal playing, few things beat a nice cold beer.
Woo! Of Montreal!

But yes I do enjoy the taste of beer, just so long as it's good beer though. No lager, no Bud, no Carlsberg, and definitely no Stella. Real ale is a good thing.

jakkuss

Mar 21, 2009
I think the OP's taste buds may have been damaged. I mean, you actually think Jagermeister tastes good? Something's definitely off..

xILLxChronic

Jan 20, 2010
Beer, much like coffee, has always been an acquired taste imo. If I want to get drunk, I'll just take shots since it's way faster.

theklng

May 1, 2008
Sakuji said:
Some may think this is a silly question, but I wonder how many people actually really LOVE the taste of beer. This is not a rant against alcohol, I like to drink. I prefer tequila, like Patron or Cabo Wabo. I also like Jägermeister and vodka. But beer I find abhorrent. I wonder how many other just choose to drink beer simply because it is there, not actually for the taste. And before someone says it is an acquired taste, I am 37, male, and been trying to drink it since about age 15, and I still find it vile in all flavors and thicknesses.
like whiskey, it's an acquired taste. you don't drink you'll never like it.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I do enjoy a good beer, although after a certain point everything takes good.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
If you are in the right situation and the right mindset nothing beats a nice beer.

However in my oppinion there is a time and place for almost every type of alcohol, which is why I hate it when people say "[insert alcoholic beverage of your preference] is my favorite" You might prefer it, but there will almost always be a situation in which you won't enjoy it and something else would be better suited.

In summary: Me? I like pretty much everything to some extent, but I keep coming back to beer.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I do love the taste of beer. Good beer that is, none of the Miller or Bush Light nonsense.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
If it is a Corona Extra then yes, yes I do :D

Nothing better than a beer and a cigarette on a hot day at the beach!

I used to hate beer, like OP, but as time passed I got used to it and have no problem drinking it. Of course, I only drink beer for the taste, not the alcohol. If I want to get drunk I drink vodka, or Metaxa or something else above 20% vol.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
I'm out at a club I deffinately wont be drinking beer as there deffinately wont be anything good, I can enjoy tequilla and white russians. Thinking about it I have no fucking clue how to make most cocktails so if I'm somewhere with a barman that know his stuff I'm getting one because I sure as hell couldn't make a Blue Lagoon myself.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I didn't like beer for the longest time. Then sometime after I turned 21, I started drinking it more and more, and then I started enjoying the taste. On the other hand, I can't stand most liquors. I think they taste like shit.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
yeah, I actually really enjoy the taste of beer. I like wine, too, but I don't really drink it. Spirits and stuff don't agree with me, taste wise or head wise, so I just avoid 'em.

Bored otter

Apr 3, 2010
Beer is great, love special beers (belgium ones are really good).

And it's really nice to sit down after a hard day work and have one.