Poll: Do you LOVE the taste of beer?

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
Nightfalke said:
I am a craft beer enthusiast, homebrewer, and have even brewed professionally for a summer. We are currently living in a beer renaissance, and long gone are the days when Bud Miller and Coors were the only games in town.
I think this is...well...just amazing. I too love craft beer. (All hail the Dark Lord!) I think its fantastic how local craft breweries are taking off. To see so many people on here listing micro breweries just fills my heart with happiness. This is the first time I heard anyone refer to this time as a 'beer renaissance" but that is pretty damn accurate. Good call.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I don't dislike it... but lets face it if it didn't get me drunk I wouldn't drink it.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I drink alcohol but I don't like the taste of beer at all. I just drink it sometimes when I'm together with friends. I don't really no why so many people like or why some even drink alcohol-free beer.

Notthatbright

Apr 13, 2010
There's a lot more to "beer" than a single type. I love a good thick ale with a fancy dinner. I love a nice watered down American beer when out at the beach or at the park. I love to try different things when I'm out at a bar with friends.

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
Sakuji said:
Nightfalke said:
Sakuji said:
And before someone says it is an acquired taste, I am 37, male, and been trying to drink it since about age 15, and I still find it vile in all flavors and thicknesses.
To this I say: Then you haven't found the right beer yet.

I am a craft beer enthusiast, homebrewer, and have even brewed professionally for a summer. We are currently living in a beer renaissance, and long gone are the days when Bud Miller and Coors were the only games in town.

Unless someone has already decided that "Ugh, it's beer. I will not like it.", you can find a beer that suits your tastes.
While I wish that was true, I have to disagree. I grew up and lived in Portland, Oregon for most of my life. Now Portland has the distinction of being the microbrew capital of the US, with several thousand microbreweries. I think I tried most of them because all my friends were convinced I just needed "The Right One". Never happened :)
I believe beer is like wine or Ice Cream. You need the right pairing or flavor. Are you able to pinpoint what specifically it is about beer you do not enjoy?

razormint21

Mar 29, 2010
I really don't like the taste of Beer. Compared to softdrinks or juices, it tastes too bitter.
Compared to liqueurs, liqour, and other "hards", it tastes poor, lacking flavor, just monotony.

But i never i figured out how i down 6 bottles of beer in occasion. I guess, the kick is what makes me tolerate the otherwise poor taste.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
Absolutely yes, as long as it's not too hoppy. (so IPA's are out). But most beers are very tasty, from the drinkable (and mostly tasteless) Bud Light, through the sweets, the ambers, the pales, the porters (<3 double chocolate porter) , the wheats, and the darks.

truly the king of drinks.

-m
Spoken like a true Canadian sir!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I cannot stand the taste of beer. At least not since i started drinking Rum. Beer has nothing on a good Captain Morgan or Lady Bligh.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Can't stand the taste of beer. Ive tried many varieties, Micobrew, Bud and imported, seriously gourmet and cheap, college standbys, Ale and Lager, a pretty wide net of types. The best I can say is that Long Trails Blackbeary Wheat (No, that's not a typo, it's a local beer) was almost drinkable. Otherwise, it all tastes like watery vodka with some rotten vegetables. Sad thing is, I WANT to like beer. The whole field is interesting, and I would love to be an expert on the art of brewing. But no matter what I do, it always just tastes horrible.

Raikov

Mar 1, 2010
Yes, I can really enjoy the taste of beer... as long as it is dark enough. Draught Guinness is the best I've ever had. But I still hate the 'regular' beer most guys drink.

But I usually drink grogg, it's the best!

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
No. Beer tastes... not good to put it lightly. I cannot understand how anyone can actually like it. I'd rather have a cold Coke than a cold beer.
That said, I don't really like any alcohol at all. There is something about the fundamental taste of alcohol I just don't like. So I have stopped drinking.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
This is when I LOVE beer.

On a beach in the sun.
With spicy food.
When sick of working.
When it's the third in a row, very quickly.

This is when I HATE beer.

When it's the eighth and it's been slow.
When I'm excited.
When it's too warm or too cold.
When I'm hungry or tired.