Poll: Do you LOVE the taste of beer?

Sakuji

Apr 26, 2010
Some may think this is a silly question, but I wonder how many people actually really LOVE the taste of beer. This is not a rant against alcohol, I like to drink. I prefer tequila, like Patron or Cabo Wabo. I also like Jägermeister and vodka. But beer I find abhorrent. I wonder how many other just choose to drink beer simply because it is there, not actually for the taste. And before someone says it is an acquired taste, I am 37, male, and been trying to drink it since about age 15, and I still find it vile in all flavors and thicknesses.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
All depends on the situation.

At 5 in the morning, on the third day of drinking, I'd prefer something a bit... fruitier.

On a summer's afternoon, with the sun beating down and Of Montreal playing, few things beat a nice cold beer.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Depends on the beer but if it's a good beer then yes, I love the taste of beer. If I didn't like it I wouldn't drink it, there are better and tastier ways to get drunk if I just want to get drunk.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
yup. a lot, beer is the perfect beverage. It refreshing, it goes well with fries, pizza, peanuts, meat, etc. Is a good thing to share with friends. I can't get used to wine though.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
If its a good ALE yes. But while I used to drink lager I can't stand the taste of it now, its just rat piss thats only good for adding alcohol to a situation.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
Sakuji said:
And before someone says it is an acquired taste, I am 37, male, and been trying to drink it since about age 15, and I still find it vile in all flavors and thicknesses.
To this I say: Then you haven't found the right beer yet.

I am a craft beer enthusiast, homebrewer, and have even brewed professionally for a summer. We are currently living in a beer renaissance, and long gone are the days when Bud Miller and Coors were the only games in town.

Unless someone has already decided that "Ugh, it's beer. I will not like it.", you can find a beer that suits your tastes.

GodsAndFishes said:
If its a good ALE yes. But while I used to drink lager I can't stand the taste of it now, its just rat piss thats only good for adding alcohol to a situation.
Try a Bock or another full flavored German lager. Not all lagers are yellow and fizzy. Hell, Sam Adams is a lager.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Some Beers taste alright, but I find the majority are swill. One of my friends is a barman and he can pretty much mix anything we want at parties so why would I bother drinking beer.

Sakuji

Apr 26, 2010
sravankb said:
Nah. I think it tastes disgusting and smells real bad. No, seriously, I am not trolling.
I am right there with you. I have learned to love a lot of things that were "acquired" tastes. like coffee and goat cheese, but I have never managed beer, for which I get ridiculed for at parties. I just BYOB now so I can say, no thanks, I have something better.

primitivescrewhead

Dec 16, 2009
Oh I love beer, but generally I am more of an ale man, favourite alcoholic beverage by far is a nice pint of perfectly poured Guiness

Sakuji

Apr 26, 2010
Nightfalke said:
Sakuji said:
And before someone says it is an acquired taste, I am 37, male, and been trying to drink it since about age 15, and I still find it vile in all flavors and thicknesses.
To this I say: Then you haven't found the right beer yet.

I am a craft beer enthusiast, homebrewer, and have even brewed professionally for a summer. We are currently living in a beer renaissance, and long gone are the days when Bud Miller and Coors were the only games in town.

Unless someone has already decided that "Ugh, it's beer. I will not like it.", you can find a beer that suits your tastes.
While I wish that was true, I have to disagree. I grew up and lived in Portland, Oregon for most of my life. Now Portland has the distinction of being the microbrew capital of the US, with several thousand microbreweries. I think I tried most of them because all my friends were convinced I just needed "The Right One". Never happened :)

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
ChrisW212 said:
Has to be a good beer, but yes definitely.
Precisely. If it's some shitty beer, I'll still drink it (though even bad beer isn't disgusting). If it's a nice dark beer - Guinness or Okocim, it's delicious.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Yes, yes I do!

Beer is the best drink I can possibly imagine, so perfectly tasting!
mmmm...

I'll be back in a second, I need to go get myself a beer!

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Absolutely yes, as long as it's not too hoppy. (so IPA's are out). But most beers are very tasty, from the drinkable (and mostly tasteless) Bud Light, through the sweets, the ambers, the pales, the porters (<3 double chocolate porter) , the wheats, and the darks.

truly the king of drinks.

-m