Poll: Do you LOVE the taste of beer?

DFish

Aug 8, 2008
I like the taste of many beers, but "beer" is too broad a net. After all, some might suggest that Budweiser is beer.

Broadly speaking, I like Belgian beers, particularly nutty ones like Kwak. I like hoppy beers like IPAs, and I like a wide range of bitters, porters and stouts. However, it's quite possible to find some really undrinkable examples of any of the above, or to find a pub that has no idea how to look after their beer (in a really nasty example, I saw a trainee barman try to put cask ale through a pump that had just been used for cider).

In short, try lots of different things before you condemn all beer. Better yet, get someone who knows what they are talking about to find some good ones for you.

PS:
The Red Dragon said:
I like most beers but I prefer the taste of cider, Strongbow being my favourite.
In that case you have never drunk anything that could be considered a good cider. If you're in the UK, you can probably find Aspall cider in a decent pub (or bottled), and if you're lucky you can try Old Rosie. Then please never drink Strongbow ever again.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
If I've just eaten and it's particularly strong beer then hell no, it tastes vile. However if my mouth is taste-free then it's actually nice, yeah.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Have yet to find a beer that doesn't smell like piss, and I'm not interested in drinking piss, so no, I won't drink your beer.

Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Spiced Rum, Ouzo, that stuff tastes awesome. Beer and wine though? No thanks, not ever.

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
Russian_Assassin said:
If it is a Corona Extra then yes, yes I do :D

Nothing better than a beer and a cigarette on a hot day at the beach!

I used to hate beer, like OP, but as time passed I got used to it and have no problem drinking it. Of course, I only drink beer for the taste, not the alcohol. If I want to get drunk I drink vodka, or Metaxa or something else above 20% vol.
You LIKE Corona?

Jesus. It tastes like gym socks, because it's all skunked because they put it in those retarded clear bottles. To each his own, I suppose...

OT: While I prefer hard liquors (i.e. scotch, gin, bourbon, and scotch again (Islays aren't my favorite), in order of preference) I do genuinely love the taste of a good Belgian ale of an evening or a nice, refreshing Shiner Bock when it's hot out.

Sakuji

Apr 26, 2010
I gotta say I am also surprised at how even this is, and glad to know I am not alone in not liking the taste of beer. I wish I did, it has a rich culture and ancient history, but the flavor (and yes, at this point I think I have tried 90% of the flavors out there )just does not do it for me. As for why only 2 answers for the poll, I think most people know whether or not they love a good beer, regardless of the type. I will drink an occasional Mikes Hard Lemonade, but I would certainly never consider it "beer" :)

Zant

Nov 7, 2008
I'm a fan of beer myself, although I like a wide range of alcoholic drinks including many spirits and ciders.

Beer-wise, then, I like either European lager (e.g. Peroni, Kronenbourg 1664) or the kind of ale you get in small pubs that people in flat caps like to talk about with strange names that's often brewed locally. Stuff like Witches' Brew, and Yorkshire Terrier, and one that had a goblin on whose name I forget...

Bob the Average

Sep 2, 2008
depends on the style and brand of beer. some beer i like (love is a stretch) others, namely Budweiser and Miller, i can not stand.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
DFish said:
I like the taste of many beers, but "beer" is too broad a net. After all, some might suggest that Budweiser is beer.

Broadly speaking, I like Belgian beers, particularly nutty ones like Kwak. I like hoppy beers like IPAs, and I like a wide range of bitters, porters and stouts. However, it's quite possible to find some really undrinkable examples of any of the above, or to find a pub that has no idea how to look after their beer (in a really nasty example, I saw a trainee barman try to put cask ale through a pump that had just been used for cider).

In short, try lots of different things before you condemn all beer. Better yet, get someone who knows what they are talking about to find some good ones for you.

PS:
The Red Dragon said:
I like most beers but I prefer the taste of cider, Strongbow being my favourite.
In that case you have never drunk anything that could be considered a good cider. If you're in the UK, you can probably find Aspall cider in a decent pub (or bottled), and if you're lucky you can try Old Rosie. Then please never drink Strongbow ever again.
But..but I like Strongbow..it's so tasty.. :'(

Though you clearly know your alcohol my good sir.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
My goodness, this certainly was an even poll. Someday I'll have to have my first beer to see where I stand in this question.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
I'm going to forgive the half of you that voted "No" as most of you guys have probably never had access to quality craft beer like we have in the Pacific Northwest.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
I'm wierd. I can barely stomach the taste when it's a single bottle or can, but if I drink some in a row, then it's okay.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
Only Kokanee. Pilsner is okay but it has a bad after taste.

Budweiser and Coors taste horrid.

Canadian isn't bad but still Kokanee is the best Canadian beer one can find in my opinion.

Colts is just " i wanna get drunk" swill.

I haven't had any fancier beers or ales but i have wanted to try them.

noodlestreet

May 6, 2009
LOVE BEER. LOVE EVERY FLAVORFUL DROP. LOVE THE TEXTURE, FLAVOR, DELICIOUSNESS, WONDERFUL, TANGY, HOPPY, BITTER, SWEET, BOLD GOODNESS OF BEER.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Balanced... really balanced. As for myself, I can't even take a sip without hating the taste. I don't know, I just don't see how anyone could like it.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Oh god , I've been thinking about drinking a cold beer all day . Leave me alone I have to study!