Poll: Do you LOVE the taste of beer?

Robert632

May 11, 2009
I've had a bit of beer, and I was disgusted by it, but I don't like most alchoholic drinks.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
JEBWrench said:
Depends on the beer. Most North American beer tends to be quite lousy.
A smart American learns to drink local micro-brews that are - on average - pretty much on-par with just about anything Europe or Asia have to offer.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Why yes, yes I do.

Which is why it is a kick in the metaphorical balls that I can't drink it any more (or any other alcohol).

Didn't develop a taste for it until well into my 20s though. Before that I was a sucker for your "hard" lemonade type fizzy drinks and would club all night on Vodka/Redbull or Smirnoff Ice. I find that I can no longer stand either for being way too sweet.

People change, tastes change...

justhereforthemoney

Aug 31, 2009
Well usually I'll drink any alcohol just because it is there, but beer is my go to alcohol. If I'm looking to get destroyed then I go to the hard stuff (giggity).

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
i hate beer plus dad is deathly allergic to it.. put him into a coma twice because he went out with friends had some beers.. went into a coma went into hospital they couldnt figure out what happened.. so once he was released from hospital his friends took him out for more beers.. and he lapsed back into a coma again.. only then did the doctors go.. AHA! :p

DeathsHands

Mar 22, 2010
I do enjoy the test of beer; has that strong, somewhat bitter, but not bad taste. Keeps you aware and has a nice feeling.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
It depends on the beer. I'm not a fan of blonde beers, particularly ones brewed with rice, which encompasses a vast percentage of mainstream beers. I'm a big fan of Belgian wheat beers, I love stouts and porters (particularly smoked porters and chocolate stouts) and the occasional red or amber ale.

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
A good wine, or whiskey. but sometimes a beer yeah doesnt kill you.depends.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
mokes310 said:
JEBWrench said:
A smart American learns to drink local micro-brews that are - on average - pretty much on-par with just about anything Europe or Asia have to offer.
Well said, and I think we have more of a culture of experimentation with our beers that our European counterparts don't share.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
mokes310 said:
JEBWrench said:
I hear you; but it really depends on the brewery. Around here, I have yet to find any good ones. When I was in university, we had a local one that was excellent.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I actually can't stand the taste of beer. I like liquor and whiskey, but I've always hated beer. I think it's mainly because my dad always drank it, and I don't wanna have anything to do with him.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Beer is for schoolgirls.

Real men mix vodka, whiskey, rum, brandy and scotch and put it in an IV bag.
Intra-veinous alcohol, mmmmmm manly.