Poll: Do you own a gun? If so, why?

hippieshopper

Oct 18, 2008
I have one because I like to study the science of firearms. Killing people doesn't interest me, but everything about the weapon does.

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
I've got a small shotgun for defensive purposes and a rifle for hunting. To expand upon what I mean with the shotgun, when hunting I wear it where I can panic-draw it in face I run into a predator that wants to mess with me, plus at home its in case of intruders.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
No and It's Illegal here anyways (but when I'll go to the army, I will have one for 3 years)

gsf1200

Oct 22, 2008
cyber_andyy said:
ranc0re said:
I own a few guns for hunting and what-not. None of this "It's to protect my family" bullshit. Mine's to get meat for me and my family.
llewgriff said:
I have several guns, I use them for hunting, recreation and protection.
kommando367 said:
Yes, to kill deer, birds, opossums, racoons, you(everyone reading this post, I'm watching you) with.
Gotham Soul said:
I sometimes need to put down my raving fans with force.

Nah, just kidding. I like to go hunting occasionally during the autumn.

I hope you actually eat the meat, other wise your just killing animals for the sake of it, which is barbaric in my opinion.

The idea of it all still seems barbaric in itself,just that you don't eat the meat is more barbaric, along with fishing in my mind, why kill some thing, when you could by a version ment for slaughter?

For instance chickens. The ones that are bred for meat, don't know what true life is like, so I don't mind eating them, as they don't know that this is "cruel"( I use that term loosely) treatment for them.

Where as if you kill a fish in a river, or a rabbit in the forest, or even a dear, that animal was living a "normal" life, until you came along and shot it with out real need to. Which I believe is barbaric.
By your reasoning we should just kill all prisoners, since they don't lead a "normal" life. And every bedridden person, too. Why not all the mentally deficient people, too? You need to face the fact that a life is a life and something has to die in order for you to live, be it rabbit or carrot.

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
Vault boy Eddie said:
From my house thieves have stolen 4 bikes, a hose and a 55 gallon drum i used for trash, it was still dirty! So yea, I think I need one.
You could always invest in better security, and a plank of wood.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Darkside360 said:
rainman2203 said:
Shooting someone who walks into your house or yard is illegal, even in Texas).
Sorry but no its NOT illegal. Self defense. If they are running away off your property and you shoot them yes you can get in trouble. You CAN use deadly force if someone breaks into your house. By doing that they are already threatening you.
A bit over the top. He said 'walk into your house or yard.' I mean, he could be mentally deranged, not dangerous. Not everyone is out to get you. I've never had a problem with anyone threatening me, nor anyone I have ever known. I see no point in owning a gun. It seems odd to me. The reason for self defence would be the same for swimming in chainmail and a harpoon gun due to sharks in the water, or carrying a case of antidotes because of poisonous snakes and spiders.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
cyber_andyy said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
From my house thieves have stolen 4 bikes, a hose and a 55 gallon drum i used for trash, it was still dirty! So yea, I think I need one.
You could always invest in better security, and a plank of wood.
The house has 12 foot tall walls all around, it was ninjas I tells ya!

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
gsf1200 said:
By your reasoning we should just kill all prisoners, since they don't lead a "normal" life. And every bedridden person, too. Why not all the mentally deficient people, too? You need to face the fact that a life is a life and something has to die in order for you to live, be it rabbit or carrot.
No because we are not going to eat them.

Its also quite obvious you didn't read my post. If you did, you wouldn't have made such a comment which shows so little understanding.

I'm curious to how you came about your reasoning. Re read my post. Then you might get it, as so far, your point is completly irrelevent and slightly random, confusingly so, because I cannot see where you came to your conclusion from my words.

You strike me as wanting to start some sort of internet fight. One of those people who takes offense to everything and anything, but has failed to realise that that tatic won't work as one day...well, you'll find out.

For the record, I love meat, and don't care for the enviroment, just that theres no excuse for killing without reason ( even if it is very badly justified in my eyes.).

Vault boy Eddie said:
The house has 12 foot tall walls all around, it was ninjas I tells ya!
Bloody hell, I don't think you need one gun, I think you need fecking sniper posts!!!

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Darkside360 said:
PurpleRain said:
Darkside360 said:
rainman2203 said:
Shooting someone who walks into your house or yard is illegal, even in Texas).
Sorry but no its NOT illegal. Self defense. If they are running away off your property and you shoot them yes you can get in trouble. You CAN use deadly force if someone breaks into your house. By doing that they are already threatening you.
A bit over the top. He said 'walk into your house or yard.' I mean, he could be mentally deranged, not dangerous. Not everyone is out to get you. I've never had a problem with anyone threatening me, nor anyone I have ever known. I see no point in owning a gun. It seems odd to me. The reason for self defence would be the same for swimming in chainmail and a harpoon gun due to sharks in the water, or carrying a case of antidotes because of poisonous snakes and spiders.
Still doesn't matter. Cops wont see it that way. Take this one guy who walked into the wrong home, he got blown away, homeowners didn't get in trouble. Its the whole "your home is your castle" thing. You can defend it if you deem the intruder is a threat. After all you don't know the person, how are you to know if they are a threat.
So you would kill that person before they said anything? Before you were to even talk? This actually makes me feel sick. I'm sorry, but that's horrible.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Meh, I don't really need one. I cannot be fucked hunting, there aren't any shooting ranges in my area, and my neighbourhood is safe enough.

If I really needed something to protect myself with, I'll get a spike-trap put in the front yard. Them Mormons won't know what hit 'em.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Dear me no, what would I need a gun for? If I wanted home protection I'd get a dog or something, at least they show you loyalty and fun.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I live in Canada, we don't have this odd obsession with "protecting" ourselves with guns. I do not know anyone with a gun, the only people that have guns in Canada are gangsters and cops.