Poll: Do you play games with any girls?

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Me and my sister play games together. We have played many a co-op game, Portal 2, Halo, Gears etc. and competitively too. We make a mean duo on Halo Reach online (except we're both not that great really)

Apart from my sister my best mate, his girlfriend and I always hang out and play videogames.

Jun 7, 2010
I played Portal 2's co-op campaign with my sister and, before i sold it, played Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's multiplayer with a friend who is currently working her way through Shadow of The Colossus.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Fuck... I don't even have any male friends to game with! I don't have the internet (outside of work, and I can't game there) so that's not an option, and I struggle to find games that I like enough with a multiplayer! Been to a few CoD parties with mates, but apart from that, nothing...

On the other hand, when growing up I used to play perdominently with my little sis! We loved games like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance and anything Co-op!

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
A couple of times.

First one comes to mind when my a friend of mine played Amnesia with me.

That is to say, I played and wet my pants, and she watched and laughed at me. Though, that doesn't really count, does it?

Then an online scenario. In a PVP match, on Runescape. There was a lone girl, and everyone made fun of her. She ended up kicking everyone's ass. That was the only real time when something major happened.

Madbomber

Mar 15, 2012
met my misses online playing warcraft been together 3 years known each other 6 because of her stubborness at coming out to meet me
we both play tf2 shes still playing wow, both play sc2, portal 1&2, minecraft,terraria
only thing is and get this guys, i hate GTA (not old school top down) and SR12&3 she loves em but she hates zombies TT they creep her out
but still have fun playing games together hoping i get her hooked on TES online when it comes out

Mouse One

Jan 22, 2011
Really? Nearly a third of you haven't played videogames with girls? Is this a console thing? All the PC multiplayer games I've played had lots of female players in them: I'd take a random guess at 10-20% depending on the game.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I have never had female friends, so no.
Well, I guess my sister counts... but she's only really into RPGs, so it would be more of her playing say... Dragon Age: Origins on the Xbox while I play say... Skyrim on PC while we talk about things we like about the respective games.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I'm a girl, so I guess any time I play there's technically a girl involved. In the less literal sense, my sister and I used to play together a lot when I lived at home.

To give the female version of the original question, I played a LOT of games with my best friend, who is a guy. Now that I'm lucky enough to live with my boyfriend, who is also an avid gamer, I play videogames with a guy all he time. :)

Ganond0rk

Nov 17, 2011
I've been playing since I can remember, way back on the snes and upwards from there. I'm female, and alot of my female friends are gamers, as well as the majority of my previous boyfriends, and I dont think I could date a guy that didnt. I mostly play rpgs, mmo's and fps. I've never understand the whole "girl gamers being rare" because I've been playing for so long.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I usually play with my girlfriend, but we mostly play one player classics, though we're gonna give Time Splitters 2 a roll this weekend

phyrexian

Feb 5, 2012
The majority of gamer chicks I meet, online or otherwise, are either "i r teh speshuj snoeflaek", or "Bet you I'm the only girl that plays this game!", or they're better than I am and won't stop rubbing it in my face.

I rarely meet the sane ones. >:

aattss

May 13, 2012
FelixG said:
I play EVE online, and I am proud to report that the women folk I am on comms with are even more sexist/racist and foul mouthed than any of my other friends, probably more than any 5 of my other friends combined.
Sometimes, it seems that woman are also trying to reinforce gender barriers.

Here's an outline of a conversation I had with a girl:

Me:Do you play Minecraft?
Girl:What? I'm a girl! Girls don't play Minecraft!
Me:*facepalm*

Most (except for several) girls I know seem like that.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
ReinWeisserRitter said:
OHMYGOD, DID YOU GUYS GET TO TOUCH HER AY ANY POINT?! WAS IT WEIRD?! DO THEY ALL SMELL LIKE PEARS?
gamingforums.txt

I enjoy how this topic is right above the topic where people are going "nope nope sexism is a solved problem nope nope."

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Yes, the sniper for my TF2 Highlander team is female, and I've also met a fair few females in competitive TF2, a lot of medics, one pyro and a heavy so far.

Also in every MMO, it's almost 50/50 now gender wise.