Poll: Do you read a lot?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
All the time. I'll take books to movie theaters, to read before the previews start. I'm currently reading The Myth of Sisyphus but Albert Camus, concerning the philosophy of the absurd.

Sep 17, 2009
brodie21 said:
pretty self explanatory. i like to read a lot of novels, newspapers, magazines, etc.
Don't know if you mean for recreation or just in general.

For recreation, occasionally not because I dont want to just because I dont have time.

But everyone reads all the time in general...

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
I think I've got through about 20 good sized books since June, as well as countless manga and webcomics.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
"What you reading for?"

Seriously, I read. Doesn't everyone? Enjoy Chuck Palahniuk, Lovecraft and Mark. Z. Danielewski.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
iJosh said:
Now that I've started college, Yeah. I noticed that most of my day goes by while I read Networking fundamentals
Ditto, only replace "Networking fundamentals" with "assorted core texts about WW1 and the French Revolution" I used to read a lot for pleasure, but those days are over now I'm at uni.

No longer can I consume Sharpe novels, the Flashman Chronicles, The Gaunts Ghosts series and other awesomeness :(

MrGFunk said:
"What you reading for?"

Seriously, I read. Doesn't everyone? Enjoy Chuck Palahniuk, Lovecraft and Mark. Z. Danielewski.
"I guess I read for a lot of reasons, but I think the main one is so I don't become a fuckin' waffle waitress!"

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Everything I can lay my hands on.

I'm currently trudging through War and Peace, and I've ordered a bunch of Flashman novels for Christmas to see what they're like.

I also write my own stuff, for personal pleasure, not publishing

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Sure. At the moment I've got a thing for early 20th century American literature. H. P. Lovecraft, Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett is what I've read so far.

Umwerfer

Nov 3, 2008
I read too much. Fortunatly I have excellent taste, and can thus limit myself to one genre, e.g. fantasy. name of the wind ftw!

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
It comes and goes in waves. For the most part during school, I read a lot for classes but not much for fun. After spending a week reading 800 pages of Dostoyevsky's Demon's and parts of Heradotus, I just find myself not wanting to sit down and read recreationally, especially considering that in two weeks I have to read both Antigone and Medea and more Russian literature.
I do read a couple of news articles a day and want to keep up more with SCOTUSblog. I also have two novels waiting for when I have free time again. Now, if you will excuse me, I have more Dostoyevsky.
(Also, I find it weird that the only author of piece of literature the Apple spellcheck software approved was Antigone).

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I read all the fucking time. What would take a person over a month to finish I can finish in less than a day. (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows took me less than twelve hours to finish, and I stopped reading it several times the day I got it because of how bad/boring it was.)

I'm always looking for something good to read and I'm always up for getting a new book. But I almost never get a new book or find something I haven't read yet that's good so I'm often re-reading the books I have several times over.

My love of books has spread into my career choice, which is a book writer. (current work is Shadow of the Day[working title], which I'm at the moment in the middle of editing and re-editing.)

TheBXRabbit

Feb 15, 2009
I read constantly, Mostly stuff like Clive Cussler, Michael Crichton, Robert Ludlum, etc. Occasionally I'll read a book based on a game, but most of the time I'd rather just play the game.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
I used to read a lot more books than I do now. I still read the newspaper during the weekdays when I can scam it free from uni. I just found my life got a little busy with study to sit down for a few hours with a book, which is a shame as I don't mind reading.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Yes I read a large variety of books. My favourite Comic being V for Vendetta not decided my favourite book... too many.