Poll: Do you read a lot?

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I read many web pages and i read if required for school, other than that i normaly don't read, i listen to music, sweat sweat music.

Arcanz

Jun 25, 2009
I'm currently re-reading the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" series by Douglas Adams. He's such a good writer. Always make me laugh ^^

ConstantJoe

Apr 10, 2009
I read quite often, in fact, a friend of mine just today lent me a little book called "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies ".

The English teacher was not amused.

bioshockedcriticjrr

Sep 28, 2009
I approach books the way I approach games, I only buy the ones that seem to interesting. Usually I prefer to read classics to see what all the hubub is about. Usually it takes me about a month when I'm on the road, but recently I finished Animal Farm in a single weekend. that was a good book

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Probably not as much as I should, I'm trying to read more though. Although I have just finished reading '50 people who buggered up Britain', which was pretty funny. It was less of a book, more of a bunch of rants on people we already don't like. I just started reading 'Cannabis' as well, which is basically a run-down of everything cannabis, origins etc.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
Alphavillain said:
Yes, I always like to have a book on the go, sometimes two. At the moment it's Dostoyevskii's "Crime & Punishment" and the autobiography of IRA informer Martin McGartland.
oh, i read Crime and punishment once, i have to say, it started off kind of slow and then got more interesting

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I used to read a lot. But in 9th grade, I read every day for about 6 hours for an entire year. My parents at the time wouldn't let me do anything else. I kind of got burnt out on reading. I'm still burnt out even thought hat was years ago. I still read, but nowhere near the amount of time I did in 9th grade.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Yes, constantly. Mostly history. Many people find it boring for some reason, I for one love it. Mostly antiquity, particularly Rome, and 1800s onwards in Russia. Also, religious texts are a favourite of mine. Tao Te Ching, Bhagavad Gita, The Koran, The Bible, you name it. In the same vein, books that focus on the general history and cultural impact of religions are fascinating.

Actually, now that I look at it, I do have a damn weird taste in literature. I won't say no to the occasional novel though; A Clockwork Orange, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and various books by Knut Hamsun rank among my favourites.