Poll: Do You Still Own Your Original Console/s?

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Yes, I still own my Wii and Gamecube soooo... fuck your poll.

I also still own my NES and N64.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Nah. The first of only two consoles I have ever had, a PS1, I no longer have. Can't remember what happened to it, I guess it was just made obsolete when I got a PS2. The PS2 I still have, though it has done nothing but collect dust for the past few years.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
I still have my Gameboy Color and I just got my PS3 for Christmas 2011 so it's not that old yet. Everything, save my launch SNES and that GBC, I traded in at one Gamestop or another over the years.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Still have my 360, albeit my third due to constant RRODing. I think I also have my PS1 in storage somewhere, but it would take me a while to dig it out.

The Danger

Jun 13, 2013
Most of them. Still have my Genesis and N64, but my PS2 sadly crapped out many years ago, and the GameCube was given to my little brothers, who pawned it off to the GameStopo once they got a Wii. Still have the first PS3 and Xbox 360, though.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
LMAO 60% on Other. another poll fail. i have all my consoles dating back from my parents generation, i still have a working Intellivision, all the way up to a PS3 and every thing in between. (almost every thing, i never had an Atari)

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I don't have my original Xbox 360, or PS3, as consoles these days are not built like they used to be back in the day. I'm on my third Xbox 360 (which is a slim), and my second Ps3 (which is also a slim). I'm also on my second cube (platinum edition) after my purple cube crapped out on me, because of a broken lens problem. I think i'm also on my third n64, after one was traded, and one i gave away, because I already had one. With regards to the Ps1, fuck knows how many of those i have gone through throughout the years.

Everything else though is my original console (so that includes, Wii-U, Original Xbox, Ps2, Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive + Mega CD, SNES, Saturn, 3DO FZ-1, Turbografx and Jaguar), because i haven't had my retro consoles (and Wii-U) for a long time, except for the SNES, which I've had for nearly ten years. By the way, all of them work, and most are hooked up.

If anyone wants to know, my first Xbox 360 died because of a broken AV connection, and my second died because of the E74 error, which i believe is far more common than RROD. My PS3 died from YLOD sadly, but i managed to get a replacement quickly.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
On my second xbox 360 as well. First one got the red rings of doom. Still keep it around though, makes a good doorstop.

Still own my original PS2, PS3 and Gamecube. Found my PS2 memory cards while cleaning today too so I can finally crack open some of my old favorites again, yay!

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
There needs to be an all choice, I have kept every console and handheld, including my first 360 that red ringed, and my broken PS1(although we barely used it anyway.)When I get a console or handheld, I intend to keep it forever if I can. Since I like making lists I still have:

NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
N64
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gamecube
Gameboy Advance SP
PS1(broken)
Gameboy Advance
PS2
DS Lite
Wii
Xbox 360 both working and red ringed ones
PS3
PSP
3DS
Wii U

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
My original (as in, first one I bought myself) console was a Sega Genesis. And yes, I still have it.

We never had an Atari 2600, but we did get a 5200, but that's long gone.

I also still have the Sega CD add-on, a PS One, N64, GameCube, and a Sega Saturn. And they all still work.

I'm on my 3rd Xbox.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
I still own my GBA SP, which I use to play Game Boy Color and Game Boy Pocket games all the time. Super Mario Land 2 was awesome. It was one of the first games I ever played, but I never beat it until I was 16 years old. Wario's castle was so fucking hard.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Still got every console and handheld I've ever owned going back to the SNES. Probably never going to throw them out either.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I still have a Gameboy brick/Gameboy pocket and a Sega Mega Drive II that still work or so I think. I haven't tried to see if they work in quite a while.

The problem is trying to find the games for my Sega in order to test it to see if it still works, which seems I have misplaced.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Of course.

Besides the fact that trading in will get absolutely bugger all compared to what they're actually worth to someone who has an interest in them I don't want to get rid of them anyway. The games are just as good as they were if you don't expect to be blown away by graphical fidelity and I've got a ton of good memories associated with them. I remember years ago my mum asked me whether I wanted to get rid of the Megadrive. I didn't have to say anything: the, shocked, confused look I gave her was enough.

To name them all I've got my PS1, PS2, Sega Megadrive 1, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, an Amstrad CPC and a 60GB PS3. Also have a Win98 and an XP machine for compatibility. I've looked after them all and they all still work.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I still own (and use) both my PS2 and PS3.

I don't care so much for the Xbox 360 to get one immediately and my sibling sold their Xbox years ago, despite them absolutely loving it and I found the games on the console fun.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I have:

Funtendo 64
Nintendo Funcube
Funtendo Wii U
PlayStation 3
Funtendo 3DS

My dad and grandparents have a Sega Genesis and Sega CD. I'd love to get those off them if I could.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My current Xbox 360 is my second (though I have my original...dead and buried) and, my PS3 is my original (a slim before super-slim). I also still have my silver Gameboy Advance (pre-SP) and, Wii U (purchased on day one). All of my other consoles unfortunately are not my originals; they're second-hand purchases or hand-me-downs but they're loved all the same.