Poll: Do you think that morality is something that should be applied to sex?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Freezy_Breezy said:
Also, incidentally, ITT:

PEOPLE AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE MORAL CONDITIONING OTHER THAN MY PERSONAL BELIEFS ANYONE WHO DOES IS STUPID RELIGION IS STUPID etc etc

Oh Escapist, you're so woefully predictable.
It's like you can read my mind! I think it, and you say it![footnote]You know, except with more words and with much less style.[/footnote]

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Oh. Oh wow. Hunh....I am experiancing some Major Deja Vu [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.342534-Poll-Sex-before-marrage-is-it-still-relevant?page=4#13856480] here. <---I think that sums it up for me rather well.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Freezy_Breezy said:
Seventh Actuality said:
If you think you're applying morality to sex, that is not morality, plain and simple. You're not "applying" anything about ethics or being a good person, you're subscribing to outdated social norms that are at best pointless and usually straight-up evil and repulsive, then co-opting the word "morality" so you can judge the people who don't.
So refusing to, say, have sex with a totally drunk person, or someone with a partner, or someone who is asleep, is an outdated social norm that is almost evil and repulsive and has nothing to do with morality?

Good one bro
DERP, CONTEXT AND PERSPECTIVE? WASS THAT?

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Exploration of sexuality has nothing to do with morality, and people who think otherwise are simply afraid of going against what they've been taught.

I like sex. There's things I won't do because I have no interest in them or don't like those things. It has nothing to do with whether or not my parents, social group or community would approve. I mean there are places in the world where blowjobs are illegal. Fucking blowjobs. The people who uphold those laws think blowjobs are immoral. You know, fuck that. Girl wants to give me a blowjob, I haven't got a single problem with that.

Morality is a lie used to bolster your reasoning for upholding what people perceive as a certain standard of behaviour, utilised when people are for some reason unable to set their own standards and live by them.

What society thinks is suitable should never interfere with the private behaviour of two (or more) consenting people of legal age. Those are the only caveat I apply. All persons involved should be legally able to consent.

I don't consider that morality - I consider it fair play.

Hatter

Dec 12, 2010
Technically abstinence would fall under morals, but obviously the girl meant that it's the morally just or correct thing to do, like as if sex before marriage was comparable to kicking homeless people. And therefore, she is an idiot and you really really really should have /faceplamed and told her she was straight up.
With that said I think not having sex before marriage is a really cool thing, but it's not for me.
I think everyone should live by a moral code, except when those moral codes differ from mine, if that's the case than you might as well be a serial killer.