Poll: Do you turn on the shower before you step into it?

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
Where is my God damn poll?!
Over there, next to your regular one.

On topic: No, I step in, take down the head and let the water run over my hand so I know exactly when it goes hot.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. All depends on how hot the room is and what season it is. A cold shower on a winter morning is topped by very few things as to what wakes you right the fuck up.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Phlakes said:
[...]

2. Do you really think we can't all see it? It's like telling everyone the site layout has blue in it.
What, really? You got to be kidd.... Oh I never noticed that! (Sorry I just couldn't resist)

[hr]
On Topic
WARM!!! VERY WARM in the morning (where I'm kinda very grumpy) and quite warm anytime else.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah, the last thing i'd want is to step into the shower then find there's no hot water left. I wouldn't mind the initial freezing cold grimness of the kvlt frostbitten shower if I was sure the water would be hot after.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I do, but not for temperature adjustment. i dont mind a cold shower, and if it burns I either quickly adjust and take it or jump out (depending on how tough I want to think I am).

Its because I've been places where the water would either take a bit of time for the water to flow through, or the water system was bad and yoiu would occasionally get this muddy shit water (which is no fun to step in).

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I hate showers so when I do step in for one instead of having a bath like normal I turn it on, get the temperature right and then step in.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Ickorus said:
Yeah because it starts out very very cold and then gets very very hot before settling at a reasonable temperature.

Phlakes said:
It's like telling everyone the site layout has blue in it.
What‽ It has blue in it‽
OMG how do you interrobang?!

OT: I get the feeling that most people here have temperature adjustment issues regarding showers. At least I do.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I do, I'll let the water run for a minute or two to make sure I'm stepping into a warm shower. I hate that cold water feeling!

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Yes! Of course I turn the water on before I get in.
I want the temperature to be right.
Not only that, but at my dad's house he uses a solar water heating system...
The sun, as you might guess, gives off A LOT of energy in terms of heat...
If I were to get in the shower before I got the temperature right I would be in danger of some serious scalding.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
My shower heats up pretty quick I'll stand out the radius of the water for about 5-10 seconds before stepping into it

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
yes, pretty much, now the bigger question... Which side do you enter the shower, The spraying faucet side or the waterless side?

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
Yep! That way the cold water can run through the pipes and I can make sure it's not too hot before stepping in.

And as for which side, it's the more waterless side just in case the temperature does happen to be too hot or cold. That way only my shins really suffer.