Poll: Do you typically finish a game or get bored and play something else?

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I only have a handful of games I haven't completed. They were either crap games, to hard (I stop to stay sane) or to boring. Thats storyline I'm talking about. I rarly bother to get 100% ingames. Some games like GTA games it takes to long. COD games I don't bother to get whatever level in mulitplayer.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
I'm really having trouble playing and finishing Dragon Age. It just seems kinda meh and dialoguey. Maybe I should relax on the RPG's for now.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I usually tough it out till the end, but there have been occurrences where I've abandoned the game. I never finished TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Suikoden Tierkreis and some others. All of them played till very near the end and then I just stopped.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
Very rarely will I find a game that I'm unable to finish. Normally it's either because it's too difficult (Devil May Cry 3), or because it's just unbelievably boring (Final Fantasy XIII). Even Oblivion, a game that I personally didn't like much, I managed to push through to the end of. So, mostly, yes, I will finish a game, and in some rare cases, no.

Dizzle26

Jan 15, 2011
For me it's usually something like a boss fight or a puzzle I can't figure out. Usually. Then we have games like Vampire Rain for the 360 that within the first ten minutes of actual gameplay, I'm wondering why I'm playing Splinter Cell meets Blade..minus the awesome anti-vampire tech. -.-

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
It's very very rare for me to finish a game in one go, hell it's very rare for me to finish a game without playing another one (or a few other ones) in between.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
Depends on the game. If it's short, I'll usually beat it in one sitting. I usually don't switch games if it's longer, but eventually the urge to play multiplayer overwhelms me, and I'll switch to that.

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
I finish almost every game I play (and I try for as many achievements as I can too). I can't understand why people would spend money buying a game then barely play it. I could understand it back when most games were extremely difficult, but the vast majority of modern games are designed so that even a novice can be confident in completing them. If it's simply that people are buying terrible games then they should be more selective.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
My attention span declines in quality ever passing year which is why I don't play as many games as I used when I was younger. When I play a game these days I rarely finish it especially if it's a particularly long game. For example, I had to force myself to finish Twilight Princess. And also, unless I like a game a whole lot then I more than likely won't finish it. I get bored easily.

Sep 14, 2009
well i play like 9-10 games at a time, and i slowly finish all of them, like i have a game of kotor, kotor 2, mount and blade warband, mass effect 1, mass effect 2, full auto, and ff9 all going right now,

no no its not that i have adhd, i just have this weird...thing. i NEVER EVER finish games when i get to the endpoint, at least not in the same sitting, idk what it is but i HATE finishing games in the same sitting as getting up to that point, so generally ill wait a couple weeks after beating 96% of the main game then go back and finish the game.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
Unless I'm getting so little enjoyment out of the game I'm looking for excuses not to play it, I try to finish the storyline and get my monies worth out of every game I play. So yeah, most of the time I finish the story.

Sep 14, 2009
DustyDrB said:
gmaverick019 said:
well i play like 9-10 games at a time
Dear Goo!
I would forget so much about the story and gameplay if I did that.
yeah, well all those games i have played/beat before (except warband, that game goes on for fucking ever) , and two of them at least i can LITERALLY give a audio walk through of perfectly for anyone, so those are a breeze to me, i just enjoy them so damn much i play them again and again, for ff9 and a couple other games i have to really crunch into the environment and who i have with me to remember exactly what was going on and what i am doing at the time.

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
I havent finished oblivion, is way to long but soon I will finished before the new Elder Scrolls come out

verdugo136

Sep 9, 2009
game are to easy these days and half the time i finish them before 1 week has pasted some i still keep like oblivion to me games got to easy around the time the 360 and ps3 where made cus both company's are trying to please the both the hardcore games and newbies and then fail to impress to both groups

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I do with most games, the last game I gave up on was Mirrors Edge, I think I got to Mission 3 before I got bored of that.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I generally finish games I suppose but there have been a few notable exceptions. I "beat" Read Dead: Redemption but didn't stick around until the credits rolled because I didn't care for the missions I was being given.