Poll: Do you use or trust Wikipedia?

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Yes, for the most part. Even if something erroneous is posted, it's taken down pretty quickly, and high-risk articles are locked down.

But there's that nasty stigma attached to the website that means I can't cite it for school papers, even though it's a breeze to use.

But for personal use, I love it

Edorf

May 30, 2010
I do trust it, and I am very sick of all the people saying "ohmygosh, you cannot trust wikipedia lol... it is not a good source at all". That's 2000 talk! Quit living in the past for Christ sake. As an experiment, I went on wikipedia and edited the article about electricity, saying that my friend was the first one to demonstrate electricity to the people. About 1min later the article was corrected again.

We also tried to edit in more facts that sounds relatively true, they too got modified within 5-10min'ish.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
If I'm just curious about something it's my first point of call. But I'd not go there if I needed to research something for anything other than curiosity.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I do use and trust it. And even if I don't feel it's good enough, there's always a batch of links at the bottom of each page.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Yes.

As someone who's tried to edit that site, I'd point out that it's often pretty difficult to get people to allow new info.