Poll: Do you want Yahtzee to review Final Fantasy XIII?

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
The most negatively outspoken in this thread all have anime style avatars, should I even bother? Yeah.

Of course I want him to review it, not just because it would probably be the most bitter ye but because of the violent reactions fanboys will give despite having no issue when he rips into any other game for the sake of comedy...

...hypocrites.

TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
I'm frankly not interested in Zero Punctuation anymore. There are far better things on the escapist. Also they don't insult you for any of your natural favoured genres. ZP has pretty much lost it's charm to me.

So my answer would be Yes. Let him review it. Just because I don't like it anymore doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't.
I disagree... but by God that was one of the most rational disagreements so far.

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
I dont want him to cause he hates jrpgs and all he is gonna do is say "oh how terrible it is waiting for your turn to attack" except filled with profanities and a wider vocabulary

happyvampyre

Oct 13, 2009
I actually use Yahtzee's reviews as a reference for when I buy games, so my answer is a resounding NOOOOOOOOO. I wouldn't buy it anyway, so the review would serve no purpose for me. (I can't stand JRPGs, FF in particular. I've played six of the games and every single bloody one felt like smashing my head repeatedly into a brick wall, performing a frontal lobotany on myself, and still being bored. I can't stand em. I don't hold anything against people that do like them, just as long as they don't spend hours trying to change my mind on the subject.)

Plus, most of the things he would say would probably be stereotypical, albeit hilariously refurbished, but stereotypes nonetheless. Plus, I have a deep, secret, highly-questionable love for Yahtzee and I don't want him to have to go through the pain of playing a JRPG.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Jaranja said:
Sassafrass said:
Oh Dear God, NO!!!
Not because I don't want him to, but due to the amount of threads that will pop up agreeing with him and the endless, endless, endless, endless, endless, endless, endless, endless, endless, endless quoting that people who worship him like some God will end up doing.

I am officially staying out off Off-Topic/Gaming Discussion/User Reviews on March 9th due to this fact and the off chance somebody is going to post spoilers for it without warning us there are spoilers and make me want to beat them to death with a shovel.
It's a bit odd that we were talking about this the other day.

People will use his arguments against us, obviously. I don't want him to review it. I don't think he'd play it anyway, to be honest.
Yeah, it is a bit odd.
Perhaps someone is reading our PMs and sending them to random users, asking them to make threads about them. *Begins getting paranoid*
*looks around suspiciously*
I found him!
*punches the wall, breaking his hand*
Shouldn't have done that...

Once a Human

Nov 9, 2009
Everyone knows FF games and JRPG's in general take over 100 hours to play and he doesn't have the patience for that shit. I say let him review what he's gonna review (or what the Escapist makes him review) and be happy with it.

soul_rune1984

Mar 7, 2008
Why put him through such torture? We all know how much he loathes Final Fantasy. I say let him review some thing he WANTS to review. He did Borderlands not because he had an interest in the game but because the flock wouldn't stop bleating for him to do it.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
We know he doesn't like JRPG's so i don't think it would be a good idea. We can guess that he wont like it so leave it at that.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Jaranja said:
Sassafrass said:
Yeah, it is a bit odd.
Perhaps someone is reading our PMs and sending them to random users, asking them to make threads about them. *Begins getting paranoid*
*looks around suspiciously*
I found him!
*punches the wall, breaking his hand*
Shouldn't have done that...
*Paranoia still rising*
There in the walls
I can feel them, watching me...
*Goes fetal*

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
I doubt it will change my opinion of the game in any way, but I really enjoy the reviews and they always make me laugh, even when they're slagging off a game I love.

I'd like a review of FFXIII because it'll actually be a review I find personally relevant, almost all of the reviews recently have been about games I'd never buy anyway.

happyvampyre

Oct 13, 2009
s69-5 said:
I've played six of the games and every single bloody one felt like smashing my head repeatedly into a brick wall, performing a frontal lobotany on myself, and still being bored.

You hate it so you played six of them? Hmmm...
I played six of them because my best friend wouldn't shut up about how awesome they were and how much I would like them if I just gave them another chance yaddi yaddi yadda. I love manga and anime, just not Japanese video games, he didn't get that. I decided to humor him. Probably kept a bias, but nothing changed my opinion on them at all, so I've given up.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Well it's kind of predictable how the review will be, considering his stance on JRPGs. I'd be too busy enjoying the game myself anyway.

To be honest, I'm afraid too many people will copy + paste his opinion and flood the forums about how Final Fantasy is the worst game of all time. I'd rather not have to force myself to stay away from the forums, because I know I'd be one of the people defending the game (assuming I like it), and get suspended or something for saying something stupid.

I have very little self-control of those kinds of things.