Poll: Do your New threads Die? Quickly?

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
You ever create a new thread, and you think to yourself "Hey this here is pretty ok. maybe I'll get some badges out of this."

This is not one of those threads.

However, if you have posted a thread, and its died suddenly, lets discuss that. Post your ideas here, talk again of things youve created, and lets ask each other why that post failed.

Bonus qeustion. when your post fails, does anyone care?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
All my threads die eventually. Some faster than others. I've only had one that went more than three pages. all the others died before they hit 20 posts.

Pathetic on my part.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Threads only usually get off the ground when it's not a niche subject, and everyone can continue.

But yes, I've had a couple of non-starters.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
actually I cant answer because none of the options fit with my posting

I post questions then when said questions get answered I thank the people then move one. I dont give a shit about trying to start some stupid ass "whats your favorite cutscene" or something. NOr do I want to talk religion and polotics with a bunch of fools who wont listen to what others have to say.

So their you go.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Some lasted long while others died fast.

My first ever thread only had one response and that was it. That was a horrible first impression.

But my last thread had around 700+ responses and I was quite satisfied with that.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
My last horrible fail was a forum game I was proud of.
People were supposed to make up a new thing, and then someone else would explain how that thing worked before giving their own new thing.
It didn't get past one page.
:-/
My off-topic threads usually get to two pages, though.

cheywoodward

Dec 2, 2009
I had one thread with something like 120 replies, all my other threads have died a quick and painful death. The only thread I have seen that has true staying power is the pimp my gun thread which always pops up every once in a while.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
All my threads die eventually. Some faster than others. I've only had one that went more than three pages. all the others died before they hit 20 posts.

Pathetic on my part.
Same, I generally like to just reply.

Its a little annoying when then "What's your favourite game ever?!" threads always get 100s of replies, no matter how many times they're done; whereas the post you've just spent 20 minutes writing and checking hits less than 20 posts before collapsing in on itself.

My best thread was a political one I think (about the morons who call themselves the BNP).

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I was expecting the OP to go something like this:

"Do your new threads die quickly? Never get you those oh-so shiny badges you lust after? Do they fall off the front page in the blink of an eye?

Then you need to talk about Halo! Talking about Halo has been causing passive aggressive idiots to whine for as long as the Escapist forums have been open, and there's no reason to think the topic has been fully explored now! Say that you really don't like the game, or that you really do like it, either way dozens of people will flock to your thread to yell their meaningless opinions into the void in a bid to stave the realisation that your pathetic existence is a meaningless journey that will inevitably end in death."

It just sounds like the opening for one of those adverts.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Woah! I only reply/ I am a sheep?

WTF is that supposed to mean? Plenty of people contribute to this site without making any topics at all. It's perfectly fine just to add to what others have already made, then you never risk the wrath of creating a new thread without consulting the search bar beforehand.

I have made a few threads, some good, some not so good, but I always made sure that there wasn't already a thread on the topic I was making. The vast majority of my posts are replies to other peoples threads, and I feel no shame in that. I don't think I've ever made a thread where there was NO replies, but I do remember one where I didn't get off the first page.

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
funksobeefy said:
actually I cant answer because none of the options fit with my posting

I post questions then when said questions get answered I thank the people then move one. I dont give a shit about trying to start some stupid ass "whats your favorite cutscene" or something. NOr do I want to talk religion and polotics with a bunch of fools who wont listen to what others have to say.

So their you go.
The very nature of religion and "polotics" is that people arent listening. If they were, only one or none of either would exist. Of course, dissension in the ranks is nice to see, for me. It means people are thinking.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
My last thread was about first avatars, it got locked after 203 replies.

Too many low content posts.

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
I was expecting the OP to go something like this:

"Do your new threads die quickly? Never get you those oh-so shiny badges you lust after? Do they fall off the front page in the blink of an eye?

Then you need to talk about Halo! Talking about Halo has been causing passive aggressive idiots to whine for as long as the Escapist forums have been open, and there's no reason to think the topic has been fully explored now! Say that you really don't like the game, or that you really do like it, either way dozens of people will flock to your thread to yell their meaningless opinions into the void in a bid to stave the realisation that your pathetic existence is a meaningless journey that will inevitably end in death."

It just sounds like the opening for one of those adverts.
ha. i was kinda going for the advert thing.

Prof.Wood

Jul 10, 2009
All mine die. like everything in my life. But not only my threads but most of my comments do to.