Poll: Does anyone elses dog do this?

Mr.Napier

Jun 7, 2010
My dog pees herself whenever she gets excited, and I don't mean the something special is happening like shes getting some of our left over ribs or something. No its just HEY HEY HEY YOUR HOME! Oh I peed myself, rub my belly. There's a squirrel in the yard bark bark up pissed myself again. None of my friends dogs do this but mine does so does she just have a weak bladder or is this common for dogs?

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
I think it's just your mutt. My dog's a guy but he never lifts his leg to pee. He shames his gender!

On a side note, my dog dives underneath my bed at any hint of thunder.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
OK! I'm sorry, but that is too damn funny!!! Sorry sorry sorry. No, I don't know anyone who's dog does that.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Nope. Mine just falls over. He's slightly... special...

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
My dog doesn't, but one of my friend's dogs does. I voted no since that dog is not mine, but I doubt you are the only one who has this issue.

Gitsnik

May 13, 2008
No. It did, but I actually took the time to train it. Amazing how that helps.

Funnily enough, works on babies too. Except those creepy people who are 50+ and wearing diapers.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Is she a puppy?

Most young dogs are known to have weak bladders, lol. It'll take a while for her to learn to control it...

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Cheery Lunatic said:
I think it's just your mutt. My dog's a guy but he never lifts his leg to pee. He shames his gender!

My dog's a girl and it does lift it's leg to pee.... the fuck?

OT: My dog doesn't but, I know somebody's who's does.

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
Dog, the Haiku

Excitement consumes
Yellow warmth stains carpets now
Dog is so happy

On a more serious note, how old is your dog? It's not too much of a problem if it's a puppy as through training and time they'll grow out of it (got a dog who did this when he was young but has gained control of his urinary functions since). If the dog is over 2 years old it might be worth getting it a checkup just to make sure there's nothing more serious going on but again, if it's a puppy it should be fine with some time and attention.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
My friend's dog did this on the day he died. Although I think him getting 'excited' was actually him having a seizure.

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
OT:Well, I take it your dog is young, she will grow out of it by age two, other wise there is a problem.
Cheery Lunatic said:

If he was neutered at a young age it's perfectly normal, males usually do that to mark terrotory, but when fixed early hormones die down.
If any one else has questions about dogs, I am very knowlegable about many breeds.

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
My dog did it when he was young and even got my cousins coat once but it stopped before he even turned one.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I think they might do that more often if they are still puppies or just still in their early years. But it's not something that isn't natural. They just need to be trained to help them stop doing that.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
I have a 1 1/2 year old yorkshire terrier/jack russel cross breed called ruby.

The nuttiest dog you have ever seen. Thing is she is a sucker for only two people in my family, my mother and me, when she isn't asleep in my lap she is in my mums.

Whenever I come home from work or college, she gets so excited that I'm back that she also pee's herself a little bit.
I have come to accept that this is just how she is and that she can't quite control her bladder when she gets too excited.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
My dogs don't, but If you so much as say my friends dogs name, It pisses itself all over the ground. Thank god it's outside most of the time.

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
I had a dog long ago who did that, but only when my mom would get home from work and baby-talk the dumb creature.