Poll: Does anyone still play any old multiplayer PC games?

The Jabberwock

Jul 10, 2009
I was just curious if anybody is still playing any older online multiplayer games even though we have games like CoD 4 and WoW around now. I'm still rifling it up with the Kar98 in Call of Duty: UO. It's up to you what to consider old or not.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I play Battlefield: 1942 occasionally, and I recently came back to Counter Strike only to quit because of how horrible I was compared to the veterans.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
I can never find any servers for the older call of duty games, if other people played them I would though (1 and 2 are heaps better than 4 and 5).

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Does CoD:WaW count? I mean, it IS set in the second world war.

Just kidding ;P But I enjoy some of them, yes.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
I Try to play Battlefield 2142, but it seems like the longer I play that game, the more likely it is to crash. Seriously, it was the same with BF2. Terrible shame, because those games were both so good.

Xandus117 said:
Nope. I don't own any old multiplayer games.

By the way, welcome to the Escapist. Here's your shotgun, 12 shells, a grenade, and an Energy Sword. Don't flame, don't listen to the Search Bar Nazis, beware of Maxthereaper, and don't feed the trolls.
Hold the phone, all I got was a worn-out boxing glove, when did we bring all this in?

Oh, and do listen to the Nazis. They just want to help, honest.

The Jabberwock

Jul 10, 2009
Dys said:
I can never find any servers for the older call of duty games, if other people played them I would though (1 and 2 are heaps better than 4 and 5).
I never really liked 2. But that's probably because I was great at 1. And 5 is just a crappy re-skin of 4 IMO.
Radeonx said:
I play Battlefield: 1942 occasionally, and I recently came back to Counter Strike only to quit because of how horrible I was compared to the veterans.
Fortunately with UO the veterans(other than me : D) seem to be pretty easily rolled.

The Jabberwock

Jul 10, 2009
elitepie931 said:
I still play Half Life and Opposing Force.
I just bought the anthology from Steam like a day ago. I'd never played the original Half-Life so I finally decided to try it.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
The Jabberwock said:
Dys said:
I never really liked 2. But that's probably because I was great at 1. And 5 is just a crappy re-skin of 4 IMO.
I missed the inital buzz for one, but I still went back and played it (people still did when 2 first came out). Overall I liked the original more, but 2 had better graphics and the different maps were good for a change (as there were some pretty awsome maps).

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
The Jabberwock said:
elitepie931 said:
I just bought the anthology from Steam like a day ago. I'd never played the original Half-Life so I finally decided to try it.
Thats awesome :p Maybe we'll end up in the same server and BRUTALY MURDER EACHOTHER.
:3.......*twitch*

The Jabberwock

Jul 10, 2009
elitepie931 said:
The Jabberwock said:
elitepie931 said:
Thats awesome :p Maybe we'll end up in the same server and BRUTALY MURDER EACHOTHER.
:3.......*twitch*
You mean you will brutally murder me. I'm pretty sure I would suck.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Xandus117 said:
Danny Ocean said:
Listen to the Nazis.
Wait, listen to the Nazis? Something sounds wrong about that statement...
Well hey, that's just what everyone else calls them. I tend to call them,'Right.' because, as annoying as they may be, they often are.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
What do you consider old? I play C&C: Generals: Zero Hour sometimes. And Natural Selection with friends. And D2, although not so much recently.

Edit:
Curtmiester said:
Why has no one said Warcraft 3 here?
No one plays Warcraft 3. Everyone plays DotA or Tower Defenses. At least, that's how it was last time I went online.

The Jabberwock

Jul 10, 2009
Calobi said:
What do you consider old? I play C&C: Generals: Zero Hour sometimes. And Natural Selection with friends. And D2, although not so much recently.

Edit:
Curtmiester said:
Why has no one said Warcraft 3 here?
No one plays Warcraft 3. Everyone plays DotA or Tower Defenses. At least, that's how it was last time I went online.
I actually don't consider BF2 old. Mainly because of how modern it feels. w/e that means.