Poll: Does People Playing Music Loud In Public Annoy You?

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Hell, yeah! Especially that the people how listen to loud music, listen to bad music(and I'm not talking about rock,or punk or anything related; I'm talking about the fricking cancer of my country: manele)

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP_x7lRZ0oQ

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
It's annoying. I got to a school where almost everybody loves country. Unfortunately for me, I hate country. People should just use headphone. I understand that the music I like is torture for others, so I use headphones.

Chummychanga

Dec 7, 2009
I absolutely can't stand it, if it's something done retardely. If you started playing Deathcab for a Cutie, or something else just relaxing and not overly pop or hip-hop, I'm fine. But I really don't like it if you blare metal or retarded rap near my house. I mean, it's a free country and all, but have atleast a smide of respect! :/

{No offence to any pop, hip-hop, metal, or rap fans. I listen to that stuff myself.}

BigbadaBEEF

Jan 5, 2009
it depends, if it's music i like then its fine, but the vast majority of the time it's utter crap and i instantly resent the people playing it

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I think I'm in the majority, that it's mainly young people in cars, with the windows down, just loitering and playing some horrible techno thing, with the bass up so high that all you can hear is rumbling and the car is visibly vibrating.

Secondly, groups of chavs on buses showing off their new ringtones thru their crappy mobile phone speakers. This mainly doesn't happen from metal fans, because we have respect for our choice of music and understand it needs a good player to sound right.

I'm also against excessive swearing in public, sure, occasionally you might get hurt or be seriously angered by something and let out a swift 'oh fuck', but when you're trapped on a bus journey with a group of people who use profanity like other people use punctuation, well, it gets old real fast.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Anyone get the urge to slip a massive 80s style stereo out of their bag next time they're on the bus and the mobile phone posse start up their pussycat dolls remix session?

just slip it onto the shoulder, press play and .... MOZART , turned up to 11, totally drowning out their pointlessness.

thing is, you just know they'd complain...or just abuse you.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Yes I hate it, as I find it very annoying and rude. And it's always rap or dance music, that's playing in the background. I myself listen to music in public but I use headhones, to respect the people around me. Besides I'm pretty sure they have no interest in J-pop music screaming in their ears.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I don't generally experience it, so hey ho

What I DO hate, however, is that awful noise you get when you walk past a club or a car with a chav/ned/gangsta in it. You know that noise, that gulping Bass "OOM OOM OOM OOM" Dance music beat. You can't even here the other noises (not music, noise), just the bass

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I don't do it myself because I've got some pretty good headphones, but it doesn't particularly bother me when other people do it. The only time it does bother me if the music is close to my house at night when I'm trying to get some sleep, which unfortunately happens far too often in my neighborhood.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I've always wanted to go onto a bus and blast out some classical tunage. Maybe Valkyries... Or would anyone object to some Jack Johnson?

But OT: Yes, it's bloody annoying, especially as it's nearly always rubbish. Get headphones or get the hell away.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
If it is Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus or other mainstream crap, I'll go and punch that person in the face.
If it's rap or hiphop, I'll punch the person in the face.
If it's metal, jazz, classical or rock I'll high five the person.

That's it.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
MizPiz said:
I'm actually guilty of doing this. In my defense, I at least listen to music that's good.
You can't claim the music you listen to is good. Everyone has different tastes, of course you're going to think the music you listen to is good (otherwise why are you listening to it?) But not everyone will. It's still obnoxious.