Poll: Does your family annoy you?

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Nah, my family are cool.
Immediate family that is.

Lets just say that some members of my family arent the kind of family that anyone wants.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
My mom is the one that pisses me off the most. Shes a real pain in the ass. First, she takes responsibility for everything, even if we try to take some, and then she complains about she having to take all the repsonsibility. Also, she gets mad for everything. Im serious, everything. She really ruins my day sometimes. D:

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Without going into rant mode and explaining why...YES. My parents constantly piss me off in one way or another and none of my hate it unjustified or misplaced. My mom is the worst and my father will sometimes be dragged into whatever mess she starts causing untold amounts of frustration for me. Me and my brother are rather distant, he was less a brother and more like the guy that lived in the same house as me...kinda sad I know. I greatly dislike my immediate family, my relatives are all fine and I do look forward to when I am able to live on my own and enjoy a lifestyle of quiet and solitude from them.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Broloth said:
it's DOES your family annoy you... not DO. DOES your grammar skills annoy me? yes they DOES. (<--- sarcasm)
Fuck me. Calm down lol. DOES your lack of capital letters at the beginning of sentences annoy me? No.

Stryker Z said:
I see you have not put in an option that incorporates the bottom four... which clearly discriminates against me, since I am a wolfdogbadger that murdered my family of wolfdogbadgers after being raised.

In all 'seriosity', my answer is...

Yes, of course they do. My brother is rather jealous for attention, so he always bugs me whenever I have friends over hanging out without him. In addition, my baby brother is... well... a baby, right?

Anyway, I figured I'd also point out that a family is singular, but family members are plural... it seems you got them mixed up in the topic title. The remedied sentence is "Does your family annoy you?" Alternatively, you can change it to "Do the members of your family annoy you?" Something along those lines should work.

Okay, sorry about that. Seeya.
I'll try add an option for that... and people on this forum like grammar don't they? :p

Simriel said:
What if I was raised by wolves/dogs/badgers, after which they were murder by wolves/dogs/badgers led by me?
Should I just make a poll for the options wanted in this poll? Gawd, I'll add that one too :L

Railu

Aug 7, 2008
errorfied said:
I've moved out and grown up.

They officially don't annoy me at all anymore.
Same for the most part. That is until they spend 2 weeks visiting, then it's the same all over again, just with a newer version.

"Have you done your homework?" becomes "Have you met a nice girl yet?"
"Why don't you get a job?" becomes "Why don't you get a different job?"
"You should clean your room" becomes... "You should clean your room"

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Railu said:
errorfied said:

Same for the most part. That is until they spend 2 weeks visiting, then it's the same all over again, just with a newer version.

It never ends, does it? Maybe when I move out I might just move to entirely different country like... Japan. That way my parents won't even phone me as much. Just have to make sure they don't know my email address...

Railu

Aug 7, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Railu said:
errorfied said:

It never ends, does it? Maybe when I move out I might just move to entirely different country like... Japan. That way my parents won't even phone me as much. Just have to make sure they don't know my email address...
Ok, that's a little freaky... because I am literally doing that in 2 weeks. But not to escape them lol. I have my own reasons, but it might as well be the same. After you move out, they will be clamoring to spend any time with you at all. Moving to another country is tantamount to torture.

I will say this, once you have your own kids your parents become your best friends. Most of the conversation goes like "Was I like this when I was that age?" and "How did you resist the urge to strangle me?"

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
You can't live with people without getting on nerves at some stage. But on the whole, I get along with my family really well, especially my little brother - without a doubt the coolest 10 year old about...

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Jharry5 said:
You can't live with people without getting on nerves at some stage. But on the whole, I get along with my family really well, especially my little brother - without a doubt the coolest 10 year old about...
I wish I had a little brother. I have an older sister instead. Sort of the opposite of what I was going for.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Yes, from time to time i hate them, events when i don't hate them are the following. Party's, when i can't see them and birthdays.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I don't live with them and only visit on special occasions (Christmas, birthdays and such), so no, they don't annoy me - they don't get the chance to.

Disconnected

Apr 12, 2009
My first comment on this forum, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes, alot. Then again, every person, plant, animal and object annoys me, so it probably isn't saying much. Being the nerd I am, I'd likely be happy living in total isolation in a cheap, one-room piece of property. As long as there's room for a bed, a fridge, a microwave, a computer and a TV+console(s); what's the problem? I don't think anyone can say their family NEVER annoys them, but people like me just try to justify their irretation at human existance. 0:)

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
You added a ton of wolves and badger options but not the simple one of "Sometimes."?
I find that odd.