Poll: Doom Eternal vs Metro Exodus - Which will be better of 2 upcoming SP FPS?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello friends,

We have discuss them before but in this thread we compare them and talk about which one will be better game. based on history, gameplay, trackrecord and so fourth.

These 2 high profile single player FPS games releasing next year. which one you think looking better of 2 and will be better game?

Doom Eternal

Metro Exodus

For me its hard to choose between 2 since both are my most anticipated games of all time. but if i have to choose one. it would be Metro Exodus. even thought i found Doom reboot to be better than previous Metro. but STALKER inspired atmospheric, immersive sandbox design shooter more apeal me than old school fast paced. but still both looks like could be one of the best games ever made.

so friends lets vote and discuss which one looking better as of now.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Whichever one is better when it's released.

I think this is like the 3rd or 4th thread you've started about this exact same topic.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I played the first Metro twice, but never finished Dying Light. I just kinda got tired of the fucking awful karma system and the meh story-line. Played some of DOOM but never finished either. I'm not a hardcore FPS dude, so honestly DOOM is little to fast-paced and difficult for me.

But I'm not gonna trip head over heels for either, though I do imagine I'll pick up Metro at some point. The addition of an open world sounds nice.

Feb 7, 2016
Why does one have to be "better" though?

We both know you're going to buy both of them, and they're different styles of FPS. They're barely comparable.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
They aren't really similar enough games to compare like that. It's like asking which is better Fallout 3 or Quake? They are both fps games but that's all they have in common.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Why does one have to be "better" though?

We both know you're going to buy both of them, and they're different styles of FPS. They're barely comparable.
How do you live in a world were you're not playing the better game?... Becuase if you're not, you playing trash.

This is your identity we're talking about here. Is your identity playing trash games? Becuase that makes you trash.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
They're not "high profile" at all, or at least certainly not Metro. It's actually an extremely low-profile and niche series.

Also, you're judging these unreleased games based on previous games? I shouldn't have to point out how bad of an idea that is.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I feel like these products are aimed at two different types of fans, sure there'll be plenty of overlap but whilst they share the genre of sci fi and shooter, Metro and Doom still couldn't be more different IMO.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Both will be great, which will be better remains to be seen when they come out. Which one's release I'm more anticipating, well that would be Metro. If anything, it's because I think I know what Doom will be like (more of the same, despite how brain-smashingly AWESOME it's going to be), but Metro I'm just more curious to see if they've done anything with the world, storyline, or whether it will be also more of the same.

Both look excellent and as everyone else said, two different kinds of games despite falling into FPS genre. Like Deus Ex and Serious Sam, or Dishonored and Call of Duty.

Mar 30, 2010
Elfgore said:
I played the first Metro twice, but never finished Dying Light. I just kinda got tired of the fucking awful karma system and the meh story-line.
There's a karma system in Metro? Can honestly say I've never noticed.

OT: You can't really say which one will be 'better', OP. Doom will be a high-octane frag-fest and Metro will be a bleak survival-horror. You're trying to compare two games that can't be considered to be in competition with one another. On a personal note I'm looking forward to them both, but for very different reasons and I fully expect to take different types of satisfaction from the two very different types of FPS.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Why not both? I'll just tritely echo the rest of the thread by saying both are very different games that try to do very different things. Although it's very likely both will be the best by default at what respectively they do out of the upcoming FPS, because they're essentially the only ones scratching their particular itches (unless there's others I somehow don't know about). I'll probably get both, eventually, and I'll probably enjoy both.

That said, I'm pretty sure neither will be my GOTY. Mostly because I noticed a personal trend where the game I loved the most in a given year has consistently never been one I expected to be.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
TITAN FALL 3!!!!!
But of these two, while both are FPS, they had a totally different tone. Metro is dark and serious. Doom is a lark. If I'm only allowed one... Doom. It is just a lark while with Metro? I've no finger nails left.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
They're two different kinds of FPS games, why would you bother to compare them? Are we suddenly forced to choose only one?

Also, we know you choose Metro before it came out, those games are all you talk about my son. We get it. You like the Metro series. I like it too. I do not, however, feel the need to talk about it forever.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Sadly because I played only the recent DOOM, I will say also DOOM Eternal will be better as well.
However I won't hide my fear that maybe the new changes the Devs made for the game (Dark Souls Invasion Feature, Open Map, side quests) will effect the flow of the game.