Poll: Dragon Age: Origins Xbox 360 or PC?

Sam Eskenazi

Dec 26, 2008
Hi there,

I'm a later comer to the DA series, so I'm going to be getting it eventually. I just don't know what damn platform to get it on! I don't know enough about it to make an opinion...

As an example, I run things like Mass effect and Assassin's Creed on the 360, yet I prefer games such as The Elder Scrolls on PC, getting Skyrim for Christmas for my poor old laptop.

I just... Don't know which one. Can anyone enlighten me on thepros versus cons?

Thanks,

Sam,

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
PC
Pro: It's a PC
Con: None

Console
Pro: None
Con: It's a console.

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
Your poll got eaten. Same answer as in the other thread though:
- DA:O on PC
- DA2 doesn't matter

As to pros and cons: PC allows for more tactical playing, which is something DAO profits from. It's also a game with more concurrent storythreads, and thus dare i say more character-driven than DA2 is. The less hack&slashy gamestyle of the PC version works well with that.

Sam Eskenazi

Dec 26, 2008
Dammit, I omitted the first topic, and now this one didn't use my poll! Curses!

Thanks for the opinions, please do keep them coming with increasing reasons, this helps!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Dragon Age for the PC has a sizable modding community, while not as big as an Elder Scrolls game it still puts out various mods for everyone.

So go PC, you'll get more millage out of the game by adding in stuff like enhanced deathblows or moving the Dog companion to a secondary slot, allowing you to take 3 companions and the dog adventuring.

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
cswurt said:
PC
Pro: It's a PC
Con: None

Console
Pro: None
Con: It's a console.
It's because of comments like these that I wish The Escapist had a 'like' button!!
OT: PC 4tw

Sprong

Nov 17, 2009
Definitely, definitely PC. I've played it on both, the tactical combat interface is waaaay superior on PC (e.g. you can zoom out further and get a top-down view of the battlefield, which is disabled in the console version).

That said, I prefer Mass Effects 1 and 2 on XBox.