Poll: Empire or Stormcloak?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Skyrim owners! Are you fighting for the Empire or the Stormcloaks? I'm beginning to question several of my own methods, as during the stormcloak campaign I've turned into some sort of cross between a terrorist and John McLane. Seriously, I just killed an entire city's worth of corrupt guardsmen. On medium difficulty.

Then I took out a fort of Imperials (Liberate the Reach), who hadn't actually done anything wrong, yet. And were as far away from the front lines as it was possible to be whilst still technically living in Skyrim.

[sub]Once you get Daedric armor, I think it's a good idea to turn up that difficulty[/sub]

Sep 17, 2009
I am not very far in the game...I'd like to join Stormcloak...but when I see groups randomly I kill both factions. Did i mess something up? Can I not join either now.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
You might get flak for this thread being done before, so just be forewarned. Also you should use spoiler tags.

I chose Stormcloak. I liked the idea of the underdog, but I'm beginning to appreciate how much depth they've put into the two choices.

Attacking Whiterun early on made me question my decision. Sure, the Stormcloaks seem to be in the right, but Whiterun had previously treated me well, it most likely being the first big city you visit.

They really were just an obstacle in Ulfric's way. He could have easily avoided them and let them remain neutral.

Also, it shows that the Empire really is the only thing that's keeping the Thalmor from taking over.

I agree with the cause, but I don't like the way they are going about it.

Very fun. Also, it points out that Skyrim kinda has two main questlines. The civil war is really a story within itself.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Nautical Honors Society said:
I am not very far in the game...I'd like to join Stormcloak...but when I see groups randomly I kill both factions. Did i mess something up? Can I not join either now.
You may have. Go to Windhelm if you want to join the Stormcloaks (not sure how you join the Empire). Speak to Ulfric or the other guy with the helmet made of an animal.

If there's no option to ask to join, you may have screwed up, though I doubt Bethesda designed the game like that.

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
I have sided with the Empire largely because they bailed me out of jail twice; once in Morrowind and again in Oblivion, and perhaps Skyrim since I've sided with the Imperial Guard during the escape from Helgan.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Stormcloak, if only because the Empire tried to murder me in the intro.
Though Ulfric's voice really gets on my nerves...

MordreadRN

Jul 29, 2011
I am going with Stormcloaks on my first playthrough then Empire on my second. Of course, I'm picking a rogue on the second run and am going to be all evil and stuff. First time I'm goody goody.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
I've considered joining the stormcloaks, but when I got to windhelm(?) and walked into kings' hall, I noticed how they're all a bunch of egocentrical xenophobic dicks.

So I followed my minute amount of dwarf fortress experience by joining the empire to group up on the elves; the greatest dicks of all. Stupid tree-hugging hippies.

It also seemed rather weird to help break the empire apart I saved during the Oblivion crisis 200 years ago.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Kakulukia said:
Stormcloak, if only because the Empire tried to murder me in the intro.
Though Ulfric's voice really gets on my nerves...
The exact same reason for me, although given that I've killed about 50 imperials, I think that excuse has worn thin.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/630731388084634586/C05135B92137A3869671B2767670129BFC15AD1A/

I win =D

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Both sides are full of douche bags who only care about their own ambitions. Both sides can been seen as good or evil, kind of like with the majority of conflicts IRL. Really depends who you speak to in game that influences your decision. I tend to spend more time in the de-facto Imperial cities, and hearing the stories about the Stormcloaks messing up their shit was enough for me to sign up for the Guard.

Since I have joined I have heard an equal amount of stories from townsfolk about how bad the Legion are. Really its a Morally Grey Quest-line, which is kind of nice for a change. The only good way to finish is to side with one faction and help them win the war. The evil option would be to stay completely out and let them wither each other out forever.

Ulfrick

Oct 14, 2010
Stormcloak, because seriously, how can you not be inspired by the voice of the man who played the badass viking chieftain in the 13th warrior (I pretend antonio banderas isn't even in the movie... makes it that much better)

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I would say Stormcloaks, I can see what Ulfric means when he talks about how the Empire is using SKyrim and giving nothing back in return, and how the Imperials are destroying Skyrims culture. I can also see however, that while Ulfric is right, he only wants power for himself, and his actions could lead to a war with the Thalmar, still, going out fighting seems to be the way most Nords would prefer to go.

Its a really well done conflict, even if it is a little short

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Probably the Empire, if only because their leadership is always so badass. Ulfric is just a xenophobic ass.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Stormcloaks.

The empire isn't the same empire in Oblivion. They allowed the abolishment of the divinity of Tiber Septim, which is the complete abandonment of their history. They through the Blades under the bus. They spat on the sacrifice Martin made to protect the kingdom from Mehrunes Dagon.

Good of the empire to abandon its Dragonborn... oh hey, what a time for dragons to come back!

As for being xenophobic against elves... well... the elven nation IS the enemy. And they ARE up to no good, them elves.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
I've done the Empire great services during teh Oblivion Crisis. And I did not get a penny for it! Or a book about me!

So f em. Time to unleash some "Yourgh" and "Rash fo Dahn" on em :V

Edit: I am aware of the book "The Oblivion Crisis"
THey only name me in very small amounts as 'The Hero of Kvatch'. And then give all the glory to Martin. I say boo! I did all the hard work. He only surrendered his life by becoming the Avatar of Akintosh and turned to stone. Seriously.. I want at least a big bag o heritage-gold. :V

[DO realise that this is written for the sake of 'haha' not the 'OMGIMNOTGETTINGANYTHINGFROMOBLIVION' sweet 16 whining type of sake]

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
The age-old problem with interactive storytelling...

("No. I don't want to do either A or B, I want to do C, or possibly D or E.")